↳ 𝟰𝟮 ❝ [¡𝗔 𝗕𝗿𝗮𝗻𝗰𝗵 𝗶𝗻 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗨𝗻𝗶𝘃𝗲𝗿𝘀𝗲!] ❞

Start from the beginning

"We should do that more often," Peter suggested.

"I'm up for that request."

A comfortable silence washed over the couple as they locked eyes with the other, but there was an internal debate going through Peter's head, arguing over the fact of telling (Y/N) what he had planned to do a few hours back.

"I have to tell you something," he finally said.

"What's wrong?" (Y/N) frowned. "What did you do?"

"Why do you always assume I did something!" Peter exclaimed with fake offense and then a pout formed on his lips. "I'm not always getting in trouble."

(Y/N) shook her head with a laugh. "Calm down, lover boy. Go on, tell me."

"Look, what I — " He paused his own words when a high pitched noise came into his ears and he instantly stared off the direction it came from.

(Y/N) frowned at his abrupt interruption and stared forward to see if she could see anything  when she could've swore she heard a rumble pass through her eardrums. "What is that?"

"Maybe we should find out," Peter told her.

(Y/N) flicked her wrist and the blue gown shimmered through her entire form, giving her the opportunity to jump off the bridge as she thrusted her hands to the side while Peter aimed a web to the side of the bridge to follow after her.

The strange sounds of cars crashing in the distance grew louder as (Y/N) and Peter approached, deciding to ignore the helicopter that was flying nearby. People were leaving their cars in the highway and ran in the opposite direction to get off the road as soon as possible, but neither knew the reason behind it.

"Why are you running?" Peter asked when he jumped on the roof of one car but he received no verbal answer, looking forward.

Cars were pulled down to the concrete and snapped in half, a loud rumble echoing down the ground and (Y/N) formed two spheres of energy in her hands while Peter prepared himself in a fighting posture. "Oh, my God."

He tapped on the roof of the car he had jumped into because he had spotted someone inside, oblivious to the fact that it was the woman from MIT. "Ma'am, you should get out of the car. Everybody get off the bridge!"

The man that drove the car rushed outside and left the scene, leaving the woman alone in a locked car. (Y/N) saw how more cars got pulled and snapped into the ground, getting close to him as three identical, mechanical arms with claws escaped through the broken pieces of the bridge, and it seemed like they were carrying something.

A man walked out of the smoke and he was being held up by the mechanical arms, wearing a long black jacket with matching glasses, but a mischievous smirk glinted his face. "Hello, Peter."

"Hi?" Peter waved awkwardly, looking back at (Y/N) for a small second. "Do we — ? Do I know you?"

"What have you done with my machine?" the man sneered, his voice rough. The arms behind him seemed to have a mind of their own, since they pointed at him with him making a single move.

"What you're talking about? What machine?" (Y/N) questioned.

"The power of the sun in the palm of my hand, (Y/N)," the man continued, his hard glare fixed on her now and a frown formed on her face when she saw how he was staring at her like he knew her personally. "It's gone."