𝙼𝚒𝚗𝚒-𝙼𝚊𝚛𝚔𝚎𝚝

Start from the beginning

She had spent most of her day at Eli's house and before she knew it, the sun had set. She left the household, bidding her goodbyes to everyone before she hopped on her skateboard and went to the Strip Mall for a snack.

She walked into the market, looking briefly around the store before spotting an old blond man staring intensely at a piece of pizza, waiting for the guy to get it.

She ignored the man before walking over to the candy isle to get herself something to snack on. She paused her browsing, looking up from the isle after hearing the door open and close. She quickly noticed a boy around her age wearing a grey and red hoodie start to walk into the store.

"Hola ¿Dónde está el Pepto-Bismol?" [Hello. Where's the Pepto-Bismol?] The boy asked. Tessa watched the exchange between the two before the boy started to walk over to the LaRusso.

She quickly started to panic, putting her head down and continuing to look for a candy bar.

He grabbed the Pepto, looking over at Tessa as the girl grabbed a Twix. He held up the bottle as she looked over at him. "For my grandmother." He spoke awkwardly.

She laughed, picking up on his clear awkwardness before holding up the Twix bar, "For me." The boy started to smile, the girl quickly noticing his braces. "I'm Tessa." She told him as she smiled back at him.

"I'm Miguel. I just moved here from Riverside."

"Riverside? My great aunt Tessie lives there. My family's from New Jersey, but after my grandma and dad moved when he was younger a lot of my family moved here." She paused as she realized she was over sharing to a complete stranger before awkwardly looking down. She looked back at him, noticing the look on his face was anything but bored as the boy wanted to know more. "Uh, anyways, are you going to West Valley High?"

"Yes, do you go there, please tell me you do. I mean uh, do you—" He started to nervously chuckle, fumbling on his words as he tried to find the words to say to the girl. Tessa laughed slightly, not at him but simply just from enjoying the conversation.

"I do go there. School starts soon so if you ever see me in the halls don't hesitate to come up to me. My friends are pretty chill so I'm sure you could sit with us at lunch if you ever wanted to. Uh, actually what's your number, we should hang out some time." The boy's face lit up at her words. He didn't actually think him talking to a girl would go this well, especially one so pretty.

"I'm pretty sure you inviting me to sit with you at lunch is the nicest thing anyones done for me since I got here, but, uh, yeah here let me grab my phone." Miguel quickly reached into his back pocket as he went to find his phone. He dug around frantically in his left back pocket before he sighed, remembering he had put it in his other pocket. Tessa watched with amusement as the boy slowly and finally pulled out his phone, once again sighing to himself.

He typed away on his phone before he handed it to the girl to let her add her contact in. She took his phone as she looked up at the boy with a smile. Grabbing her phone from her sweatshirt pocket, she unlocked it before giving it to Miguel so he could put his in too.

Adding her contact was easy enough and seeing as she seemed to have a spike of confidence in the moment, she added a heart to her name. With a smile she shut his phone off, hopping he didn't see what she did before she was long gone in case the reaction would result in her becoming embarrassed.

She handed him back his phone, grabbing her phone as well as they started to make their way up to the counter where the man from before was still waiting for his pizza.

Miguel stood right next to the man as the girl waited behind the two, rocking slightly back and forth on her heels as she waited. Miguel and the man looked at each other briefly, seeming to know each other before the blonde man looked away.