Chapter 2 - Unexpected Visit

Another week has passed and Y/N has noticed something off in her girlfriend's letters and messages. They are short and she changes the subject away from anything to do with what happened last year or about the dark lord's return.

So the Ravenclaw impulsively decided to take the bold move and go to her house and see what was wrong. Yes, this could be the stupidest thing Y/N has ever done but she wanted to get to the bottom of this before they attend the Gala together. She did text Hermione saying she was coming over but had no response, so she just decided to go anyways.

The Ravenclaw girl stands out the front of Hermione's house. The weather was a little cool for summer. Y/N wore ripped blue jeans, a white shirt and a sage green cargo jacket. She did have a black backpack with an extension charm because she was going to stay at a motel close to town.

She stares at the house for a while before deciding to knock on the door. As the door opens, Y/N is greeted by a woman with black hair tied neatly in a bun.

"Hello," she answers

"Hi, is this the Granger's residence" Y/N replies

"Yes it is" the women replies looking at Y/N curiously

"Right well, I'm Y/N Black and I was wondering if Hermione was home," Y/N says "we go to school togeth-"

"So your the girlfriend," Mrs Granger replies with a smirk. "Hermione talks about you a lot."

Y/N smiles. "Well, I hope they're all good things mam."

Mrs Granger smiles warmly and holds out her hand "please call me Jean and it's lovely to meet you Y/N. Hermione has just gone to the local library, but she should be back soon if you'd like to wait inside."

"Sure I'd love to," Y/N replies and Mrs Granger walks her through to the living room. A man was sitting watching the news on the screen. He notices Y/N and looks at his wife with a curious expression.

"Darling, this is Hermione's girlfriend Y/N," Mrs Granger replies and the man who Y/N assumes is Hermione's dad smiles.

"I'm sorry for coming unannounced but I texted Hermione but she wasn't responding," Y/N answers "it's nice to meet you Mr Granger."

Mr Granger laughs, "Our daughter always has her nose shoved in a book. No wonder you didn't get a response, and call me Wendell."

Y/N smiles and shakes Mr Granger's hand "you have a lovely home."

"Thank you Y/N, now as we wait for our daughter to arrive, would you like some tea," Mrs Granger asks.

"That would be lovely thank you," Y/N replies and Mrs Granger walks into the kitchen.

"So you're quite the topic Y/N." Mr Granger says as Y/N sits down on the other couch, "every time Hermione writes, she always writes something about you, even before you were dating"

Y/N smiles. "I hope they were all good things."

Mr Granger laughs "of course they are. There's no need to worry Y/N."

"Hermione hasn't stopped rambling about how amazing you are, that we feel like we've known you forever," Mrs Granger says as she hands Y/N her tea and she thanks her.

"Hermione has talked about you both of you a lot as well," Y/N responds "mainly how she doesn't get to spend much time with you over the Christmas break. We had the Yule Ball last year so she missed you both a lot."

"Yes we missed her too," Mrs Granger says "now Y/N, just on a more serious note, Hermione has mentioned that you are a pureblood."

"We've heard that the wizarding world takes blood purity very seriously," Mr Granger adds.