i love you.

1986, lowercase intended.

it was mike wheelers last day in california. of course the couple was devastated, but they knew they would see each other again. eleven took mike to the beach near her town.

mike and eleven watched the sunset in the distance, both sitting in the sand, el in a beautiful sundress and mike in shorts and a t-shirt.

"i'm going to miss you." el said, she laid her head down on his shoulder. "who knows when you can visit again," she held his hand and rubbed her thumb against it as she continued.

"i'll miss you too, and i will definitely come in the summertime." he replied. "that's so farrrr." she said, looking up at him with a little pout.

mike thought she was the cutest girl he ever knew. "well when do you want me to come back?" he said. "i don't want you to leave..." she held his arm and chuckled. mike laughed with her.

eventually the laughter faded to silence and they both admired the sunset. eleven enjoyed the silence, she was comfortable just knowing mike was next to her. she felt safe and happy.

mike thought for a while, he looked down at her while her head was still turned to the sunset ahead.

he laid his head down on hers. "i love you." he told her. she looked back at him, "i love you, too," she replied, and slowly leaned in. they kissed on the beach.

eleven leaned out and smiled at him. mike stood up and grabbed her hand, dragging her up with him, even if they both could sit on that beach for hours.

mike loves eleven, eleven loves mike. no matter what. in every universe, in any of their previous lives, mikes soul was meant to be with elevens until the end of time.

sorry for this short trash i wanted to post something but i didn't have any ideas so i just wrote along lmao. hopefully you guys are having a good day/night <3 mileven is coming soon hang in there