It sounded like something was moving far away. The alcohol must've really fucked me over.

I slowly made my way into my bedroom, laying on the bed and resting my eyes.

...

"Sorry, I stayed up late again." I rubbed my eyes.

"With Wilbur, I assume?" Ophelia's voice came from my phone. I had her on speaker while I made breakfast.

"Not surprising, I assume?" I mocked.

"Of course not." She sighed. "You were up until five drinking wine? With the hot guy next door?"

"Ha! You make it sound like a terrible thing. I got to open up to him about my shitty parents and he made me feel... bubbly."

"Oh my god!" She suddenly yelled, making me flinch.

"What? What's wrong?!" I worried.

"You're in love with him!"

My eyebrows furrowed. "No, I'm not!"

"You totally fucking are!"

"Shut up, Ophie!"

Delilah must've come into the room at some point, because they jumped in, "You totally are, Y/N. I mean, it's not surprising. Wilbur has caught many of his fans' hearts just by being so handsome. But for you, someone who actually knows him, and didn't find him because of his fame, you get to see... the 'real' him, I suppose."

Pardon, what.

"Mmm, I don't know what I'm saying. Point is, you're probably in love with him, and there's no problem with that." They finished.

I stopped my cooking to think about what they said. "You're... truly something, Delilah." I said. "I can kinda see why that guy was so obsessed with you."

"God, don't even bring him up. What a fucking creep. Making money out of making a love song for me." I could hear them cringe on the other side of the phone. Ophelia laughed at them.

...

Monday came around. I walked into Purrfectly Brewed and was greeted by Haruki. "Goodmorning, Y/N. Whaddya wanna do today?"

"Die. I have a migraine from drinking too much Friday night."

"That wasn't very smart of you. Have you taken any meds?"

"I took one Aleve and then gave up on life."

"Idiot. But you didn't answer. Do you wanna switch off like last week?"

"I don't really care what I do."

"Then stand at the counter all day. That cute boyfriend of yours wanted to see you on Friday morning but missed ya because you were brewing. He might come in again, today."

Something about her words made me excited. "I'll stand at the counter." I agreed immediately. "W-Wait, did you call him my boyfriend?"

She snorted. "Yeah? Is... he not?"

"No... no... did it seem like we were dating?"

"Well, I mean, yeah. Or else I wouldn't have assumed. You always seem eager to see him, and... vice versa."

"Really?"

She furrowed her eyebrows in confusion. "Yeah?"

"Um. Okay, thanks for telling me, then."

......

Wilbur did not show up. When I got back to my apartment, he didn't make any noise on the other side of the wall, either.