chapter 1 - school

4th September 2017 Ben Bradshaws 15th birthday began at 7.30 when he woke up for school. He got up and got dressed, his mum had made him some waffles for when he woke up. His mum worked at gaffney medical center and was in a relationship with his best friends uncle Will Halstead. Bens mum, Jaine, started work at 7.45 so she had just checked Ben was awake and got his younger sister Rebecca ready for school. Once she was ready Jaine left for work and as Rebecca was only 4 years old she would go the nursery at the hospital. Ben got downstairs just as his mum was leaving and ate his waffels as he was walking to school today.

8am came around quickly and Ben began his walk to school to meet his best friend James at the park at the end if the block so they could walk to school together. 5 minutes later they were together and about to walk through the gate of the park and to school. When they were in the park James was saying happy birthday to Ben but he just blew it off as he dosent like to celebrate his birthday because it reminds him off the day his dad left his mum the day he was born because he didnt want him.

On arrival to school they both walked to there lessons as they were 5 minutes late as they were messing about in the forest on the way to school.
Bens first lesson was History which was his favourite because he knew he could trust his teacher Mrs Petterson more then any other teacher. James had Geography he had to get to his lesson quick as it was at the other end of the school were as bens was as soon as you walked in. James received a messege which he was dreading because he knew it would be from his dad as he was late the school ring your parents. James checked his phone and the messege read 'your grounded for 2 weeks if you keep up this behaviour from last year - dad.'James sighed and put his phone away after turning it off as he got to his lesson his teacher made him wait outside as it had taken him 10 minutes to get there. His teacher, Miss Johnstone, said just to let you know they need you at the front desk he just got up and left.

Bens point of view
I got to lesson straight away and sat down my teacher was explaining what we were doing but I wasnt paying much attention and started starring outside the window. About 5 minutes later everyone was getting on with there work when all of a sudden the door opened and I walked out everyone around me was shocked as I never walked out, especially history. The teacher called reception to inform all teachers but Mrs Petterson took it upon herself to ring Miss Johnstone as she knew how close I and James were.

James' pov
"Ok miss i will go up now, see you when i get back."

I headed up to the office to talk to pupil support as they was wondering why Ben had walked out. I had no clue so just explained that I wasnt sure and that Ben wasnt his usual self when walking to school this morning.

James was then sent back to lesson.

The school called Bens mum to see if she had heard from him but they couldnt get through as she was working a 24 hr shift, so called reception at Gaffney Medical Center, they picked up and put Jaine on. She explained that it was Bens birthday today and it was the day that his dad walked out on them on this day so he was probably taking it hard so he had most likely just gone home.