𖤈 Chapter Sixty-Six: Excuse Letter

Start from the beginning

"Oh yeah, that could work. You already attended morning classes, afternoon classes today aren't even that interesting." Amy claps excitedly.

"And there's no quizzes, I'm pretty sure." Adding later on after trying to recall for any announcements of quizzes.

"If there was a pop quiz, we could let you know and help you study for it. So you won't be marked as Zero." Hakim jumps in.

"Still... I don't think I could do that..." Jeno says, hesitant about it for some odd reason.

Raising her brow, Patrine eyes him carefully, sensing something. "And why is that?"

"My parents would call, wondering why and rush back home just because of that. I can't give them any hassle, seriously guys, I'm fine." He waves off at the end.

"B–"

"Hey guys."

"JAEMIN!" Amy shrieks and stands up while slamming her palms on the table, creating a very loud sound.

Luckily, they were sitting at the outside tables today, or else Patrine would literally pull her hair if she had to.

"Oh thank fuck you're here!" Eyes blown wide as she practically yells at the blond haired boy.

Aggressively snatching him by the arm, she pulls him close and points at the brunet boy yawning.

"Your boyfriend over here is being so stubborn, it is not healthy!" She says.

Jeno who heard her shakes his head, "babe, don't listen to them. I'm fine, seriously." He smiles faintly at his boyfriend.

However, to his dismay– but surely to the others' luck, Jaemin was on their side as he eyes the brunet boy intently.

"Jaem, love. I'm not sick, just lacking sleep, that's all."

Eyeing everyone else for some explanation, Jaemin didn't need to ask for more details as Amy ranted to him about everything.

Sighing, he takes a seat beside his boyfriend and reaches to caress Jeno's brown hair, smiling when his beloved visibly leans in to the touch.

"They're right, Jen. What if you blackout or something because you're sleep deprived?" Jaemin says gently to him.

Then squeezing his thigh with his other hand, "We should get you home, let's go to the office and see what we can do, yeah?"

"But–"

"Oh I'm so excited for this, I swear, if the principal doesn't let you off, I will surely throw hands!" Amy huffs out.

Pouting, Jeno gives Jaemin a look; a specific facial expression his boyfriend can't really resist.

Puppy eyes. How great.

Note the sarcasm. Because right now is a bad timing, but if the situation was different, Jaemin would gladly let him off with that look.

"Guys..." Jeno whines, "I'm being serious, I can take a nap at the–"

He stopped mid-sentence when a newcomer walks up to their table, handing out a note as his face was flat.

However, Jaemin could see a glimpse of the short boy discreetly biting his lower lip, not to mention the slightly shaky hand.

Opposite to the rest of his totally tensed body.

"What's this?" Jeno asks in confusion, while his friends grew protective and stared intently at the newcomer.

"A letter from the principal."

"What?" Jeno began to freak out.

"Just read it." The newcomer kind of demanded, getting impatient.

Sheepishly smiling at him, Jeno soon reads the letter and widens his eyes. "Wh– huh?"

"What is it?" Patrine asks in curiosity.

Jeno looks up and was about to ask the person but the latter had vanished.

"He just left, like... Ran off." Jaemin mumbles, answering his obvious upcoming question.

"What does it say though?" Pointing at the letter in Jeno's hands.

"It's a pass... I'm allowed to go home this afternoon..." Jeno mutters as he hands them the letter.

𖤈

I don't know why I wrote this– lmao ig to fill something in or whatever.

Anyways, I wanna ask.... Amongst Jeno's three main friends (Amy, Patrine and Hakim), who is your favorite/most liked?

Also, this whole excuse letter thing kinda happened to me before lmao it was a miracle, honestly. Felt like shit.