𝟢.𝟨 𝒯𝐻𝐸 𝒰𝒩𝐹𝒪𝑅𝒯𝒰𝒩𝒜𝒯𝐸𝒮

Start from the beginning

"I'll leave you to it." Rindou didn't know what to do next so he stood up and went for the door but you caught his hand stopping him~ which only made you flinch back remembering how he said he didn't want to be touched by you.

And of course he noticed this, before you could break your hold he had laced his fingers from yours. The warmth of his palm exudes on your skin.

His palms were rough and calloused compared to yours but it held the gentlest touch you'd ever held on to. "Yes?"

"Sir Rindou.." You called him reluctantly..

"I know well that you hate me now-"

"Hate you?" When he noticed you were genuinely confused, he eased the tension of his shoulder and looked at you, really looked at you. "Why would I hate you?"

"Do you not?"

You shook your head 'no'.

"I never knew how to be angry with anyone that wronged me, it had embedded in my nature to not scorn the life that was given to me. It is embedded in me that instead of hating the people, I try to figure them out instead."

Your eyes drew to him, he was wearing his usual white dress shirt, unbuttoned to the top, and had shown the tattoo you had pondered over the length where it would leave off on his skin, it was beautiful you almost had the urge to trace it with your fingers.

"It is easy to make monsters out of men, to blame the people who put you in this circumstance. So I demand to challenge myself to go the hard way of things, to figure them out, understand them instead."

Rindou felt like you were the most real thing in this makeup world, that's why you were so much in pain. "Have you figured it out yet?" Have you figured me out yet, he meant to say.

Your eyes lingered on him, until you memorized every curl of his eyelashes, the slight curve of his lips, everything that only you can see in this proximity. "I'm still trying to.." You answered him.

After a long silence you spoke again, "I thought you didn't want me here.." You asked him.

He said a lot of words, half meant and you wondered if he ever knew how to keep them.

"Can I not change my mind?" His voice was deep and you just stared at both of your laced fingers.

Rindou reminded himself that he was only letting you hold him this once, just for your sake of healing from the trauma they had caused, he would be willing to do these simple actions if it was worth you to heal swiftly. Just this once, he said to himself.

"Can I ask you something?" You muttered and it raised a brow from him.

"You always have questions.." He trailed off, but he wasn't bothered by it. Rindou was a close off person, conversing was like a chore to him especially if it were people he was not fond of, it felt like it drained his energy, but to you, he felt like talking for hours without the bore.

"Do you prefer I don't.."

Rindou was so used to his own silence, it was new to him to have himself hear someone other than his own thoughts. "I prefer that you do."

"Why do you.. M-make me read to you?"

Rindou's eyebrows furrowed, he expected something else you'd ask of him. Usually women had asked him for something that would benefit their own selfish nature, and he didn't mind as long as he had them quiet, he spoils them with gifts and their needs.

"I'll answer that question if you answer mine, then.." He trailed off and he leaned back, steadying himself and you can't help but look at his shoulders flexing, almost stretching the fabric.