The Beginning

It was a beautiful day in New York City. The sky was blue, the birds were singing, and everyone was in a good mood... Well, mostly everyone.

"SPIDER-MAN'S A MENACE!" shouted J. Jonah Jameson, over the Daily Bugle jumbotron, in Times Square. "I DON'T CARE WHAT ANYONE ELSE SAYS! THAT MASKED PUNK IS A MENACE TO OUR BEAUTIFUL CITY, THAT FOR SOME REASON, WE NICKNAMED THE BIG APPLE! I MEAN, WHAT THE HELL IS UP WITH THAT?! IF YOU ASK ME, THE MAN OR WOMAN, WHO CAME UP WITH THAT AWFUL NICKNAME IS JUST AS BAD AS SPIDER-MAN!... BUT SPIDER-MAN IS WORSE!"

"Wow," chuckled Peter. "That's the happiest I've ever seen him."

"I'd have to concur, babe," Gwen smiled, being smitten.

"Ok, I know you went to college early, but can you please stop making us Americans look bad, by using big words," Peter joked, being just as smitten.

"Aw, you're so cute when you complain," cooed Gwen.

"And you're so cute, pretty much, all the time," cooed Peter, before leaning in.

The couple kissed, for a few seconds, before Gwen's phone rang.

"I have to take this," she said, after briefly checking the caller ID.

"Oh, alright," groaned Peter, mockingly.

Gwen gave her boyfriend a quick peck, on the lips, before answering the call. 

"Hey, Dad. What's up?"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Hey, kiddo! Dinner's almost ready, come on back."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Ok, see you soon. Love you, Dad."

"Love you too, kid," said Captain Stacy, over the phone. "Tell Peter I said 'hi!'"

"Sure thing!"

"Hey, Captain Stacy!" called Peter, earning him a cute, little laugh, from Gwen.

"What's up, Pete?"

 "Bye, Dad!" said Gwen, before hanging up.

"Your dad?"

"Yeah, he told me dinner's almost ready."

"Alright, see you tomorrow?" asked Peter, hopefully.

"Babe, we've been dating for a year, now. Of course, I'll see you tomorrow."

"Alright, see you tomorrow!" said Peter, before quickly kissing his girlfriend's lips. "Love you."

"Love you, too, Peter," smiled Gwen, after kissing back.

As Gwen walked back to her apartment, Peter went to catch a train back to Queens, but stopped, when he felt his spider-sense go off.

"Let's get to work," said Peter, before running behind a building, to change into his suit.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Once Peter pulled his mask over his face, he tapped his earpiece.

"Spider-Man to DC, can you hear me?" 

"Loud and clear, Spidey," Dani responded."Web-Shooters filled up?"

"Web-Shooters filled up?"