Artem withdrew his hand, gave her a look before turning to Sherry.

"Ms. Lamber, what do you plan to tell Lily?"
"That... I can't give her the happy family she deserves. Being adopted by them will be the best choice and I'll visit her often."
"Have you considered her own opinion on this?"

He didn't hit his head, did he? Why is he so different? Wait is it because of that convo?

"We want all the children to be happy, however, someone said that their happiness shouldn't be based off our sole perspective."

Wait he actually remembered what I said-

Artem glanced at Y/N who had her e/c eyes wide and her lips apart.

"I think we should ask Lily her own opinion, after all it is her future."

The room fell silent.

Oh... this is awkward. Time to break this with my horrible social skills.

"I will go and get Lily."

Y/N walked outside to see Lily alone.

"I remember you; you were with Artie. Do you want me to be with them too?"

Artie? That's cute.

"No,", she said softly, "I want to know what you think."
"I don't wanna be with them, I want to be with aunty Sherry."
"And why is that?"

She lifted the stuffed bear, hiding her face, and beamed.

"She always takes care of me and she said she was gonna adopt me and give me a real home. But something happened and aunty Sherry left. The orphanage was okay but a lot thing felt different. Aunty Sherry wants me to go with them and I know it's because she can't buy me new cloths and toys but that's okay, cause I want to be with aunty Sherry."

She hugged the stuffed bear, her eyes full of happiness.

"You know, you are mature for your age. So, you should go and tell them what you want. Okay?"
"But they aren't gonna listen, they only want us to get adopted."
"Then I'll make sure they listen. Besides Artie is a lawyer, right?"

Lily nodded.

Well, lawyers don't lie and I'm trying to help him."
"Then pinky-swear. Liars are baddies!"
"Pinky-swear."

Y/N extended her pinky finger and wrapped it around Lily's.

"Now, let's go."

Y/N took Lily to the office and she immediately teared up seeing Sherry.

"Aunty Sherry I wanna be with you... I don't care about new toys or cloths."

Lily threw herself into Sherry's arms, sobbing.

"Can I still adopt Lily despite my situation?"
"Don't worry, you will have a good chance of being approved.", Y/N said.
"Not just a good chance, you will.", Artem said.

Y/N looked at Artem.

That clever sly lawyer.

"Really? Thanks, you two!"

How does he know so much? I ended up pulling an all-nighter and he still knows more than me. Maybe I just need to learn. Then again I don't have any intension of becoming a lawyer.

Artem and Y/N both left while Sherry and the director thanked them.

4 days later

After Sherry gave the documents for the adoption and came to thank them.

"Well, now you can give Lily a home.", Y/N said happily.
"It's all thanks to you and Mr. Wing. Like mentor, like pupil.", she turned to Artem, "Your kindness reminds me of professor Hume."