pov: oh, to be loved by All Might

ابدأ من البداية

Your chest rise and falls. You looked so frail. He can't help but be afraid of anything happening to you.

---
How does it feel to love someone in impossible circumstances? Not because they're terminally ill, not because he and his other half are made to be enemies in a cheesy romance manga. For Yagi, it goes like this: seeing the one he loves and his throat is dry and tight. It is when you can't stand for him to stroke your head or hand because you feel inadequate, that you were such an inconvenient to him. It was silly. This was something he would happily do as your boyfriend. Hasn't he done enough to reassure you that you are never a bother to him?

And it goes for days of you freezing him out when he snaps, "Will you stop sulking like a brat? Whatever I did, I'm already sorry."

"How can you say sorry when you don't even know?" You snide.

He sighs, pouring hot water for your coffee which he slides to you on the kitchen counter of his apartment. "Then tell me."

"No." You ignore the coffee, shaking your head and crossing your arms as you leaned back on the stool. "I don't want to be a burden THE All Might."

"So this is what's all of that attitude about? Being All Might?"

"Attitude? You know what I'm gonna say it. I'm sorry if hearing this hurts you but I hate that you're Number One Hero. I hate that you're the Symbol of Peace. I hate that my boyfriend is a hero."

"Then-"

"Let me say this first, Toshi, before I go back to being the goody-goody that I was. I wish I had a boyfriend I could speak my mind to but I can't. Wanna know why? 'Cause he's the Number One Fucking Hero: All Might! I'm not supposed to inconvenient you, I can't be a burden to you, I can't tell you anything that might worry you because as your partner I am not supposed to make things hard for you. BECAUSE everything is already hard for you as the Symbol of Peace!" You screamed. "Aaaa. Fuck. I wasn't-" You wipe your face with one hand in a calming gesture, and then you raise your gaze to meet his again. "Forget it."

"No." His voice quivered, a hint of anger. "How long have you felt this way?"

You shrink at his question. "It doesn't matter."

"How long?"

". . . a while."

"Is that- why didn't you say anything before? Am I forcing you- does being with me make you feel like you're not allowed to say anything because you're obligated to. . . " Toshi trails off as he figured it out. "Mirai said something to you. Just say it. Fucking say it."

"I WANT YOU NOT TO CARE ABOUT ME!"

"What?"

"Mirai said you got hurt because you as my emergency contact was called. You got hurt because of me. I don't want to be the reason you got killed."

"I was careless-"

"You were distracted! By a fucking phone call and had I not listed you as my emergency contact then-"

"It wouldn't make me feel better."

"But you would be safe! Safer, at least. Understand this, Toshi. I don't NEED you. I CAN'T need you. Everyone needs you. I can't be like everyone else. But at the same time, I want boyfriend who I could unapologetically be inconvenient to. Without repercussions. That him being off duty doesn't equate to Kami knows how many citizens whom he could be saving. But you're not."

"I'm sorry." He walks toward you and stopped. "I'm sorry."

"No. I'm the one who's supposed to be sorry, Toshi. I should be able to accept everything that comes with you being All Might. I just thought it was just a matter of being in love with you." You whisper sadly.

"Me too." Then a long silence. It could have been half an hour of just breathing. You staring out at the window. Yagi staring contemplatively, eyes burning. "Break up with me."

"No-no. No. No. No." You stumble to stand towards him, fisting his white shirt when you're near him. "No. No. No-no. You can't- I'm okay, Toshi. I can take this. I can take it. I'm okay. I'm sorry. I'm sorry. I'm sorry. I'm just so tired. But I can take it. Don't break up with me because you think it's good for me. Don't fucking make me like I am everyone else. I don't want you to do things for me. I just want to be here for you. Please. Toshi. I just-"

"-I want us to be like everyone else." He catches your arm, even though you recovered your balance. If anything, he was holding it tighter.

"I just need to breathe." You reached up with your other hand and lightly touched his hair. Brushed it out his face.

"I'm supposed to make things easier for you," he said.

"No, you already do that to everyone."

"I have to make things easier most especially to you." There were tears pooling in his eyes and slipping down his cheek. You started to wipe them away.

"Please, Toshi. No."

"You told me I have the right to break up with you when I told you it would always be up to you on when our relationship ends. You didn't want to take that right away from me because everyone else already took so much. My time. My mentor. My life span."

"Not like this. Never like this. Break up with me for your sake. Not mine. I won't accept anything else," you whispered quietly.

"I felt the same way, you know? I felt like I owed it to you not to say anything when I got hurt because if it weren't for me, you would be living a normal life and dating a civilian guy would be easier for you." He wraps his arms around you.

"Says who? At least you don't treat me like shit." You buried your face to his neck, wiping your cheek.

"Why does it seem like loving you makes everything so much harder?"

"Ouch?"

"You're thinking of it too."

"I know. If I didn't love you, I wouldn't feel like I should accommodate you. Or spare your feelings because I treasure you, and then it would result to tiring myself out and building resentment and being spiteful of how unconventional our relationship is. I'm really sorry. I don't want to break up with you."

"I understand it, you know. Breaking up seems to be the only way. Every fight we had, I keep thinking, how can we recover from this? How do we move on from this? Too many things were already said and it's easier to just break up since we can't mend anything. And then. . ."

". . . we talk. Like now. And everything's better even though we didn't fix shit."

"Hory shieteu."

You laughed, his curse in english thickened by his accent always gets you. "We're going to fight over this again."

"You can always inconvenient me. That's part of being yours."

"I don't want to take you for granted."

"Why, you waiting for when we're married to do it?"

"Yikes. Too soon. We both know that's never gonna happen."

"You still mad at my job as All Might?"

You roll your eyes. "Whatever, not like I could do anything about it anyways."

There is a burst of smoke infront of you. He transformed to his hero persona. "But you could have mad make-up sex with I, All Might!"

You burst out laughing. "It's Dad Might to me, Toshi."

---
AN: Idk man, this felt. . . something. 🙂 I'm curling up to cry.