24| 𝐃𝐑𝐈𝐕𝐄-𝐈𝐍 𝐃𝐀𝐓𝐄𝐒

Start bij het begin

"God, you guys are too cute, it's annoying. I'm going to my room now." Lanie walked up to her room while her brothers were most likely making out. She loved the relationship between Carlos and Tyler, them being the reason why she actually believed in love.

But her hope of finding love was now broken and put into a thin line.

When Lanie arrived in her room, she plopped onto her bed, face first as she let out a muffled scream in all of the emotions she was containing. This was the first time she was alone after the breakup with Robby and she hated how silent it was.

She hated how she lost her best friend and the one person she nearly depended her life on. Almost falling asleep, face still planted on her bed, the incessant buzzing of Lanie's phone went off and she grumbled in annoyance before picking up the call, not even looking at the caller ID. 

"Yeah?"

"Shit sounds like someone is in a bitchy mood."

"What do you want, Eli? You called during a bad time." Suddenly, Hawk's playful tone was replaced with a serious one, worry starting to culminate in his body.

"Are you okay, Lanie? Do you want to talk about it?"

"Not really. Why did you call again?" Lanie asked bluntly. She didn't mean for it to sound rude, but she certainly wasn't in the mood to be playful.

"I was wondering if you wanted to go to the movies with me? I-It's not a date, I know you're dating Robby so—"

"Robby and I aren't dating anymore," Lanie muttered, but Hawk heard her clearly. It hurt the girl even more for her to say it out loud, her repudiation of breaking up with Robby, finally starting to sear into her mind. The reality was kicking in and Lanie hated it.

"What? What happened? Do you want me to kick his ass? I would gladly do it for free."

Lanie chuckled on her side of the line and was grateful that she still had friends by her side. She relied so much on Robby, that she couldn't even remember if she still had her friends.

"Thanks, Eli, but I'm sure you can do that during the All-Valley. But to answer your question, I would love to go to the movies with you guys."

"Great! I'm going to pick you up right now, so go wipe away those tears on your pretty face and be ready." Hawk instantly hung up the phone and Lanie laughed at his "joyful" personality.

Lanie was glad that she was going out, hoping to get her mind off of Robby. She was going through her crowded closet, finding a peach-colored blouse that accented her body perfectly. She put it on and cleaned up the mascara that was running down her cheeks.

But the abrupt sound of Lanie's phone ringing once again made the girl turn to her bed to see Hawk calling. Peculiar as to why he was calling her once again, Lanie pressed the neon green button on her phone and held it up it up to her ear.

"Yes Hawk, what is it?"

"Uh, where do you live?"

  ✧༺♥༻∞

When Lanie arrived at the drive-in, she was surprised the be engulfed in a large and demanding hug from her fellow Miyagi-Do and Eagle Fang friends. Assuming that Hawk told them everything, Lanie was grateful, not wanting to explain the pain anymore. She hugged the group back and her emotions were finally transitioning from sadness and frustration to happiness and bliss.

"I'm sorry about Robby. He doesn't deserve you," Miguel said, engulfing Lanie in a single hug. He wrapped his arms tightly around her waist while Lanie wrapped her arms around his neck.