"You can see the creak already."

The other ladies also responded, pretending to be sad.  Perhaps all the ladies think that it was not Marquise Vaslane. 

'If you get involved for no reason, you'll only get bloated.'

There were a lot of easy-to-handle young girls, but I didn't want to become a chaperone for a troubled child with a good back.

However, public opinion soon changed.

It was because of the rumor that Princess Deborah had made a reservation for all the precious accessories that were to be released in <AppelLe> for Chaperon. 

"If it's <AppelLe>, maybe..." 

"That's right. The princess has taken possession of all of Michelle's jewels!"

The expression of the Duchess of Orgo, who was aiming for Michelle's jewels in <AppelLe>, stiffened.

<AppelLe> has been the most popular jewelry store among ladies in recent years.

That's because the craftsman there, Michelle Lee, created elegant handicrafts with metaphors and philosophy. 

The nobility had a double standard, wanting to show off and brag about their wealth, but with an explicit luxury and vanity. 

It is an expensive luxury item that people who know it recognize, but on the surface, it seems to keep dignity rather than being luxurious and neat. 

Michelle Lee's craftsmanship has secret popularity among the ladies.   

In addition, the quantity was small.  Michelle Lee's hands are slow, so she doesn't have any promise when the new product will come out, but the princess took it all away! 

When I thought of the lady who was going to be the main character of the precious handicraft that I couldn't buy because there was a waiting line, envy slowly rose.

"I didn't know Princess Deborah was such a sympathetic person." 

I just thought she was arrogant and selfish.

"To set up the chaperone's flag like this. She's amazing."

"We'll have to wait and see. Maybe it's another show-off. A gift attack? Isn't it like Princess Deborah?"

The Duchess of Orgo said in a cynical tone. 

'I'm a little jealous.'

The other wives agreed with the Duchess, they struggled trying to defeat the creeping thoughts that slowly came to mind.

***

“Whoa…”

The reply from the Marquise of Vaslane to my gift and letter arrived. 

The content was concise. It was about inviting me to the townhouse. 

'I'm very nervous.'

Holding the invitation, I swallowed the tension and got off in front of the townhouse of Vaslane. 

The well-maintained gardens, large fountains, and the clean white exterior of the mansion caught the eye. 

The butler led me to the drawing room, and soon the Marquise appeared in front of me. 

'Wow…  That's cool.'

I admired her look. 

As someone who was called the flower of society in the past, I felt elegant beauty and outstanding dignity.

With her bright white blonde hair raised high, she stared at me with blue eyes resembling Isidore. 

“Nice to meet you. It's Deborah Seymour. It is an honor to meet you,”

I greeted politely as possible.

"Nice to meet you, Princess Deborah."

With a plain tone and a blunt expression on her face, I couldn't guess how she felt, and I took a seat at the drawing room table opposite her, feeling choked up.

Marquise Vaslane told the butler to bring the tea, and I clenched both of my hands to relieve the tension. 

"Princess Deborah." 

"Yes, Madam." 

"I didn't know I'd be saying these uncomfortable things the first time I met you, but I don't really like saying this in the back..."

She took the gift box I had sent from her shawl. 

"Princess Deborah has an official qualification of being the Flower of the Year, so I'm not rejecting the request to become a chaperone. I can't refuse." 

"......,"

"However, I will return back these earrings and necklaces that the princess sent. It's too much."

I sighed as I watched her return the jewelry box coldly and resolutely.

'As expected, she's not picking it up.'

Still, I expected her to be tempted, but she was more stubborn than I thought.

"Didn't the Duke of Visconti say anything about my personality?"

"I didn't think that I could win your favor with only material things, absolutely not. I thought you might return the gift like this."

"......,"

“But I prepared this gift because my reputation is so bad. I know what kind of gossip will come and go in the social world if you become my chaperone.”

"........,"

"Nevertheless, I really wanted to take care of my chaperone."

"So that's why you sent me a gift like this?"

“Yes. In the social world, everyone struggles under the water to become the object of envy in society.”

“Hmm. Sending such a huge gift to scare people who talk behind their back sounds like rumors, but it’s also surprising because it’s so honest and straightforward...”

"If I tinker with my intentions or lie, I'm sure you'll notice."

Marquise Vaslane flapped her fan lightly.

“I understand the princess’s intentions for thinking of me, but I don’t want to set a precedent for receiving such an expensive gift. Other young girls may feel burdened afterwards.”

I was deeply moved by her words. 

I seemed to understand why she was praised for her high character among the young girls.

"I didn't even think of the side effects of my actions. Thank you for sharing your wisdom."

"Hmm."

Lightly drooling, she lightly fiddled with the fan. 

"You must have had a hard time finding that gift, are you not offended by me?"

"Not at all. I'm glad you said it frankly."

Of course, there was a series of processes of asking the <AppelLe> artisan who was living in seclusion and persuading him with an amount of money that was hard to refuse, but I did not express it. 

"But why does Princess Deborah work so hard for me and treat me so well? Although I am Isidor's aunt, I have no intention of interfering in the personal affairs of the Duke of Visconti. I have no right to do that."

"Because you are the most precious person to Sir Isidor."

"........,"

"And also because I'd like to be invited to your Vaslane's estate."