But it could, his powers gave out and he was forced to turn back into Danny right in front of Loki. "I take it back. This is worse." Danny stated.

Loki ordered the giant to put Danny down and it obeyed. Loki then ordered the giants to leave and stand guard in case Thor and the others come back. Danny looked a little freaked out, he wasn't sure what Loki was planning to do. But to his surprise Loki softened up, he helped Danny up from the floor. Loki had seen Danny's memories of pain and suffering, he had gone through the same fate as Loki. He saw that Danny was shivering from the cold, he took his cloak off and wrapped it around Danny to keep him warm.

Danny looked up at Loki with shock "Why would you help me?" Danny asked.

"I may be angry at my family but not even I would not hurt an innocent child like you. You suffered from your own family, I know what that's like." Loki answered.

Danny was confused but before he could ask, Loki lead him to a guest room inside the castle. Loki thought that this would be a better place to talk than in the Throne Room. Loki explained that growing up with Thor, the two were different. Loki preferred reading and outwitting his enemies with his magic where Thor relied on his strength. Their father, Odin had always praised Thor for almost everything while Loki was always left in the dark. Odin never told Loki that he was proud of him, instead, he just resented Loki for using magic since it was a woman's art.

Loki grew tired of hearing from both his father and his brother that he should be like Thor. Thor and his friends would mock and hurt Loki almost every day. They even took credit for all of Loki's hard work during a battle. Loki found out later that he was adopted and that he was a Frost Giant but Odin never told him the truth. He only took Loki as a trophy from battle, he never loved Loki. Loki's heart grew dark ever since, all the pain and suffering he had to endure for centuries had broken him.

Danny couldn't help but feel bad for Loki, the two were so similar. Growing up, Danny never got praised by his parents and he was always compared to his sister who was their favorite. Danny took Loki's hand and said that he believes him, Thor was doing the same thing to Danny that he had done to Loki. "Your friends seem to believe my brother," Loki said.

"Well, I don't. I've hated Thor the minute I saw him. He reminded me of my older sister, so perfect and so arrogant. He looked at me like I was weak and helpless. I've been bullied by jocks his size, I would have snapped too. Even when I joined the team, I'm practically invisible to them. None of them listen or see me." Danny ranted.

Out of nowhere, Loki hugged Danny tight when he was close to tears. Danny was shocked by Loki, but he hugged him back. The hug was somewhat cold since Loki is a Frost Giant but at the same time, it was like a warm embrace from someone you love. Loki pulled away but Danny still gripped onto him. He was glad that he had someone that listened to his side of the story. Loki was even impressed with Danny's powers and skills that he used to sneak inside the castle.

Suddenly the palace rattled and shook like it was an earthquake. Danny told Loki that his team must be back already. Loki let Danny know that the two of them had to fake fighting in order to have them believe that Danny was on their side. Danny agreed to Loki's plan, he turned back into Phantom then they set their plan in motion. Phantom attacked Loki and sent them both into the throne room where the battle was taking place. Most of the team had new weapons of Asgard and they were using them and fighting better.

Spider-Man was leading them to victory, he saw Phantom fighting Loki. "You won't stop me! I will destroy my father!" Loki shouted as he broke down the doors with the norn stone.

Spider-Man jumped in and webbed the door frame which blocked Loki from getting to his father. "You broke the doors! This is why we can't have nice stuff!" Spider-Man complain.

Thor tried to do a sneak attack on Loki but Phantom "accidentally" hit him with one of his plasmablasts. He acted like he did it on accident but inside he was so happy he got payback. It came down to Spider-Man verse Loki. Spider-Man tricked Loki into breaking the enchantment on Thor but told him that he could take out Thor and earn respect. Loki actually bought it, he turned Thor back but Thor pretended to be knocked out and destroyed the norn stone. The Frost Giants ran out of the palace in fear now Loki was left on his own.

"Well, color me Aladdin." Phantom joked.

"The trickster tricked by a mortal?" Loki angrily questioned.

Just as he was about to spell Spider-Man, Thor grabbed him by the collar to hold him back. "He is no mere mortal. He is the Man of Spiders." Thor claimed.

Loki realized that he was outnumbered, before he disappeared he warm Spider-Man to stay on his guard for the rest of his life. The gang returned to Midgard, Thor was grateful for their help and gifted them a two-headed goat for their victory feast. The goat did bite Spider-Man and Phantom was back to howling with laughter. When Danny came home from the museum, he had someone waiting for him in his room. Loki had shown up, he wanted to check on Danny after their plan. Danny was grateful that Loki cared about him, it felt like he had another parent besides his adoptive father.

Danny offered Loki a place to stay, Vlad would never know that he was there. Loki turned down the offer since he figured that S.H.I.E.L.D would start poking around. But he did promise Danny that he would visit from time to time. Loki pulled a small necklace out of his pocket and handed it to Danny. "If you ever need me, just whisper my name into that necklace and I'll come," Loki explained.