Healing

You felt a warm feeling flow over your body. The air was slowly moving around you, almost like a gentle breeze. All your pains began to fade, as you embraced the quiet of the atmosphere.

Your eyes slowly opened, as you saw the mysterious figure peacefully and patiently waiting next to your bed in a chair. Their arms and paws hovered over your still body, with their eyes closed, silent. You saw a green fog surrounding your body, and felt at peace.

They opened their eyes slowly, and locked eye contact with you, their eyes wide and in shock. They immediatly squeaked and stared at you.

They weren't expecting you to be awake. They flinched and the aura around you disappeared. All of your pain flooded back to your body. You regretted waking back up. It was like the aching agony of being felt worse the second time.

They panicked and looked around.

"Oh no, I messed it up! I-I'm so sorry-...I need to try again. I-...I didn't know you were awake!"

They stuttered and fumbled with their paws, nervous and anxious. It seemed like you were the one who was supposed to be anxious in such a peculiar situation such as so, but they seemed too shy and timid to ever purposely cause harm.

You blinked and tried to look around, still not fully understanding.

"Sorry, I-...I'm yelling, a-aren't I, and when I yell, I wake people up, and then they get mad at me, and then-..."

They trailed off, anxious. They looked back at you and recollected. They put their paws over their eyes.

"Sorry, I'm not that good of a host. Just please sit tight right here and I'll find a way to fix this..."

They stood up briefly and fumbled around with viles and glasses while mumbling to themself.

"I'll get a potion, I'll fix all of this..."
You could hear them faintly.

"Oh, I must be out of healing potions, how strange."

They mixed strange chemicals together in one vile. Then, shaking the vile, the mixture turned into a shade of pale green.

They turned back to you and sat down in their chair.

They seemed shy and hesitant. They whispered softly.

" You need to drink this potion to feel better, Okay? It's like medicine."

You tried to turn your head away, but you could still barely move.

They gestured the vile closer to you.

"Please, drink it. It's a healing potion, okay? It'll make you feel better. "

Despite your effort to resist, they managed to pour the potion into your mouth. You tried not to swallow it, but it trickled down your throat, causing you to cough violently.

"Oh dear," the hooded figure looked slightly defeated. They looked around and thought of what to do.

"Look, it's not poison...Y-you can trust me, o-okay?" The figure dropped a bit on their tongue to demonstrate.

You stared at them hesitantly.

They attempted to pour the liquid for you once more. You parted your lips weakly and slowly swallowed the mysterious potion. You figured you would regret that later.

They smiled slightly and you drank all of the viles contents. It had a slight after taste of strawberry.

"See, that's better..." they spoke softly.

They set the vile down and maintained eye contact with you.

"Okay, I'm going to cast a quick healing spell now. Just try to relax, okay?"

They tried to soothe you by talking quietly and slowly, their pleasent voice filling up the silent room. The silence let you hear even the quietest of whispers.

The figure sat on their seat, their legs crossed, and hovered one paw above your upper hip. For a split second, there was a feeling undescribable, like a pulse of energy from them. 

They focused silently, a slight shimmer in their eyes. A green aura appeared around their paw, and as they set their paw on your hip, your pain slowly faded away.

They shut off their channel of focus, losing the glimmer in their eye, and the aura faded, creating a glimpse of sudden stillness.

"Okay, how do you feel? Do you still hurt?"

You slowly began to sit upright. You leaned your back against the bedframe.

They began to whisper shyly once more.

"Okay,"

They coughed meakly and fumbled with their paws nervously.

"M-my names Ralsei. A-and I can tell you why you're here..."