Ylthara pulled away from Únik, cupping Únik's cheek as she did so. She looked almost as hurt as Únik felt. Some of that for Barsa, though she had never taken to the dog as Hatyara had appeared to. Most of her concern and sadness was for Únik, and Únik felt grateful for the Ice-Kin's presence. Wiping her face with the sleeve of her jacket, Únik nodded to Ylthara.

"Alright." Ylthara only had eyes for Únik, lowering her hand to hold Únik's. "Rally the remaining Hagragng troops. We must push forward in a united effort, for the sake of both our nations. Assign one Hagragng and one Ūtharan to take Turug back to his people and two Ūtharan to take Barsa back to the compound. They will treat him gently or they will suffer, understand?"

"Yes, Ylthara. Understood." Bohyiris passed by and laid his good hand upon Únik's shoulder, squeezing, before moving away.

"What do we do now?" Crouching, Únik laid her hand upon Barsa's head one last time and picked up her black-shafted spear, dropped beside her faithful hound.

Ylthara looked up towards the keep and saw clouds of arrows flying downwards. Únik saw those arrows, too, and could not believe how much power Hatyara must have to survive that onslaught. A flash of light occurred and a ball of fire rained down towards the foot of the keep, only for a dome of ice to form in the air, shattering as the magical flame hit, sending melted ice and flickers of diminishing flame falling like shooting stars to the ground.

"We stop her." Ylthara's features hardened and, once again, she squeezed Únik's fingers before releasing the hand. "If I have to kill her to do it, I will."

"She said nothing can stop her. Seeing that, up there? I think she's right." Another flash of magical fire became stopped by another dome of ice and Únik shivered at the immensity of such power.

"Anyone can be stopped. You just need the right weapon." Turning, Ylthara gave Únik a tight smile. "They stopped Rürazar, the Lord of Shadows, didn't they?"

"I don't know who that is." She saw the strange raise of the eyebrow upon Ylthara, as though everyone should know that name.

"You'll have to read about it." Drawing her ice-like sword, Ylthara turned towards the nearest street leading east, towards the keep. "Come on, before someone else gets all the luck, stops her and steals all the honours from us."

Únik took one last look at Barsa as two Ūtharans began to wrap him in a sheet of cloth they had found from somewhere. They took great care with him and Únik appreciated that. Bohyiris, supervising the caregiving, saw her look and gave her one of his soft, kind smiles. With his scars repaired, even a little, Únik could see that kindness better than ever.

As much as it wrenched at her heart, she turned away from Barsa, hefting her spear and preparing to run after Ylthara. Another look upwards to the keep saw fewer arrows flying. Straining her eyes, she could see a single arrow fly in the other direction, accompanied by a spear of ice, almost invisible against the cloudless sky. Hatyara and Shihiri were not only defending.

Shihiri had the skill to remove one defending archer after another. Hatyara had the power to keep Shihiri from injury. Together, two people were proving greater invaders than any army that had tried to take Star Harbour in the past. Only two people and the city stood on the verge of defeat.

She couldn't think about that. Instead, she could only follow Ylthara and hope that they could reach the keep before Hatyara could break through the defences. She knew Ylthara would not stop, even then. Her own Ice-Bound promise would remain in place until she captured or killed Hatyara. As Hatyara's would remain in place until she killed King Vraniik.

Racing through streets where the crowds of people had thinned out, many fearing the sounds of battle from above, Únik wondered if Ylthara could do it. Whether she could, in fact kill her sister. Such an act would scar the Ice-Kin for life. Únik knew full well the emotional consequences of killing someone you once loved.