GUILTY (1/5) || 13

Start from the beginning

"tae," his head turns back, glancing at the elder still holding aera near him. "did you call jimin?"

ah yes he did, and even heard the brother screaming on the phone once he grasped that taehyung was serious and aera did witness a murder in the living room of their own house. it was more dangerous than it was weird, the police too, needed a minute of pondering when they arrived and found the child near the lifeless noah, colored in blood which nobody knew was of noah or a mixture of both of them.

when a screeching sound is heard, followed by a call to one of the senior officers, taehyung's heart doesn't help but race, seeing him walking towards aera. he holds her hand, keeping straight face that doesn't even bother looking at her, "get up, the car is here."

"yoongi hyung," taehyung whispers, "do something... stop him,"

the said male stands up, feeling pressured as much as taehyung for he could foresee his fellow officer locking aera up and start with the questioning as soon as they arrive at the police station. so he invades, standing in front of the man who arches a brow up at him, "officer kang, we should head out first. taehyung can get her with him. the documents still need to be completed,"

the man hums briefly, walking side by side with yoongi as the latter gestures taehyung to take care. the inspector and rest of his men salute to the two, seeing them getting in the car waiting right in front of house and drive away. taehyung sighs deeply, turning to aera and takes her hand, making her stand up, then he leans down and presses a kiss on top of her head, "everything will be okay,"

his voice whispered into aera's ear, sounding so tender as though it was an assurance for her to hold on and they'll make everything okay. despite the warmth, the child doesn't look up. her hand is curled into his palm, his fingers wrapping around it in a delicate manner as they head out of the house which taehyung knows will be sealed for it's a crime spot now.

a buzz in the pocket of his pants, averts his attention from the policeman locking the door and putting on a red seal near the lock. he sighs softly, pulling out the phone in which jimin's id is flashing.

"jimin-ah, i–"

"where's aera?" jimin's voice breaks out desperately, "goddamn it! tae, the traffic..."

"it's okay," taehyung glances at the girl, "i'm here, don't worry too much. uh we're heading to the police station right now, you can get there straight."

"police sta– where's aera? let me speak to her please. she must be scared,"

"i'm sorry, i don't think she'll talk. she hasn't uttered a word since the incident,"

"what?" jimin breathes out, "no, tae please jus- just give her the phone..."

taehyung hums, his one hand patting aera's head as he leans near her, holding the phone on speaker in front of her, "it's jiminie oppa, do you wanna talk?"

"hello? aera? baby, are you okay? don't be scared, i'm coming in a few minutes alright?" jimin says, going quiet for a moment as he probably waits for aera to say something. "hello? can you hear me?"

taehyung stares at the girl with a sympathetic gaze, noticing her eyes on the phone and tears still streaming down her cheeks that have her lips look tiny bit into a pout. he wipes the tears again, pressing a kiss instead, the way jimin or jungkook would've done if they ever saw her crying. this place is for a kiss, not tears, princess.

"hello?"

"yeah," taehyung stands straight, guiding aera to the car and sits on the backseat with her.

"why is she not talking to me?"

"she's traumatized, jimin. witnessing a murder is too much," he hushes out, "we've called for a councellor from the child welfare comission. they'll be at the police station too."