"I.. I didn't get a gift," I cried onto his shoulder. He places the plate on the ground and he hugs me.

 He places the plate on the ground and he hugs me

"I'm sorry to hear that," he says. He pulls away and hands me an arepa. "Arepa?"

"You and your love for food," I giggled sadly. He smiles as we watched the nigh sky that night.

❤︎
Your POV

   Mirabel finished telling me the story and I held her hands and squeeze them a bit.

   "I maybe new and don't know all the perks around here. And its not my place to say anything. But I bet you're amazing with or without a gift. And.. I can see that beautiful golden heart you have by the energy you give off," I smile.

   "Thanks... now stay still," she flashes a bright smile forgetting the sad moment we had.

   As time passes, we bonded and I helped out with her designs.

   "Knock. Knock. Can I come in ladies?" Camilo peaks his head in as his eyes widen at the dress Mirabel is working on me.

   "What do you think Camilo?" Mirabel says as she pins some embroidery.

   He allows himself inside and rubs his neck

He allows himself inside and rubs his neck. "You're beautiful- I mean the dress is beautiful! It's beautiful Mira."

   "Well, thank you my chameleon cousin," she smirks. "And thanks Y/n for being my model and helping me," she gently hugs, being careful not to press too much in the hug, due to the pin needles on the dress.

   "No problem. From where I'm from, I'm learning how to be a designer for women's and men clothing," I smiled as we pull away from the hug.

"Tell me... what is it like from where you're from? We never been outside the walls of Encanto," Mirabel looks at me with big bubbly eyes of curiosity and Camilo sat down on what I assume her bed and I smiled.

"It's complicated to explain," I look away and rub my arm.

"We'll try our best to understand you," Camilo flashed me a assuring smile.

"Ok," I went to switch back in my dress and I sat down on the other bed facing the two Madrigal's. I think of my words wisely, being ready to switch up some of the story as they can't be aware of my modern day world or where I'm actually from. "Well... I have an older brother. He is the smart one with brains. He loves making stuff and annoy me. But he is... my parents...favorite child," I look down and felt tears sting my eyes. Why do I feel comfortable saying that? It never really bothered me up 'til now. "My mother and dad are workaholics. And work's a lot but are willing to give a little time for me. As I on the other hand, is just mischief maker of the family. My brother was the star favorite. But he makes me feel recognized even though I'm almost an outcast of a daughter they hoped I'd be."

Camilo and Mirabel looked at each other, walked over to where I was and hugged me. The comfortable energy really made me release that. Their kindness to me so far is amazing like I feel right away, feel like home.

I felt my tears slip as I tried to resist them from falling. I blink them away as I wanted to pull away but they kept me in their grasps.

"Don't leave... angelita. Release it," Camilo's gentle tone returned and I relax in their embrace.

"Do you know what cures of being hurt or upset? A warm embrace," Mirabel says, copying Camilo's tone. "Camilo gives the best hugs, by the way," she whispered low enough, so Camilo wouldn't hear.

With that... I breakdown in front of them. Now that I come to think of it... I was always jealous and annoyed by the attention my parents gave my brother. Yearning for that same attention. All of mischief is to grab a least slightest of attention like going on trips or causing trouble for the agency. But...

They just made feel like home.