•[chapter fifteen]• ✔

Start from the beginning

is senju not feeling guilty to her or even thankful for whatever she has done before she comes back like this, with a relieved smile on her face? is she happy that she escaped from marrying izana and seeing others suffer in her place just because of this reckless plan?

"then... do you know about the big accident at shibuya three years ago?"

the other lass immediately gulps, her eyes suddenly glued to the ground. she knows, more than know the things behind that, "that... i am more than knowing about it. but let's get to the point, let it all out. i'll hear."

"more than fifty people dead, including my brother. i- i was just trying to protect him... i know it's my fault from the start... i'm a fool, i made a deal with them even though i know i can't pay back within a short time. but i'm just doing it for my brother."

(y/n) suddenly trembled and her palm was on the top of her mouth, the clear sight of blood around her was flooding inside her head again. talking about this after three years makes her anxious once again.

"what deal do you have with them? who's them?"

"they are bonten," not gonna lie, senju has her crystal eyes widened at the familiar name. "if only i was wary enough... my brother would already graduate now, he would already become a man he ever dreamt of... he would already, stargazing with me every night."

crystal tears already pooled her (e/c) eyes, yet a crestfallen smile is still given to the younger lass, "he needs me as his sister, yet i'm fooling around making a fuss with that dangerous people. i lend a massive amount of money from them... to pay for my brother's university fees."

"but... what caused you to blame yourself because of those deaths?" the other lass asks with concern laced in her voice.

"i promised to their treasurer to pay back the money in a month. i'm just working at that bakery at that time, with an average salary... well, you see, i'm not born wealthy," (y/n) took a deep breath as she exhales with trembled lips, "but i know i'm not capable of paying it back yet, so they threatened me; if i don't pay back in a short time, they'll kill yusei."

"a-and... he's on the way to give me a surprise at the bakery, that time... he just comes back from russia because he's on a semester break but-"

she choked from preventing her cries to flow out and senju made a quick action, trapping the older woman in her hand and patting her back. she could feel the fabric on her shoulder being wetted with (y/n)'s salty tears.

"the taxi he was in was being tracked... then they did it... they detonated the taxi and it caused several vehicles included in that rampage. a bus with sixty passengers... all of them died..."

her breath hitched as she let out incoherent words, sympathy and guilt start to build up inside the white-haired soul.

"all i could do was watch those blood on the road... yusei still smiled at me before he let out his last breath, as i hold his dying figure in my hand. why yusei? i'm the one who got you involved in this and got a lot of people dies... it's my fault all of this happen, why would you still love a foolish sister like me?"