🪸🐚【The Merchant Of The Deep】-15-🪸🐚

Start from the beginning

It took everything you had to not add in a dumb comment such as, 'wow, Grim, you actually remembered a long name like that', just because it would ruin the raccoon's good mood, and because you were too busy dying beside Yuu.

After about a minute of chasing Leona around, which should be recorded, honestly, since you never expected he would hold out and be play along with your game for that long, Leona decided to switch the roles and without so much as a warning, he turned around and started chasing afer you at unparalleled speeds.

So, it turned from a game of tag to a game of manhunt, and all while laughing and screaming apologies, you used all the remaining energy you had to avoid getting jumped by the lion. You knew hat Leona was fast, as you witnessed that speed dring the Magift tournament. But watching it back then and falling victim to it are two completely different things, and that point was, unfortunately, proven when he caught up to you in less than thirty seconds and, as he said, """accidentaly""" pushed you with just enough force to make you tumble on the ground and roll over about three times.

Good thing the only witness to that was Yuu, so you had the opportunity to lay dead on the ground and stare straight brunette leaning over you and blocking your view of the sun with his arms crossed over his chest, a satisfied grin, and a raised eyebrow, all while being serenaded by the sound of Yuu's hysterical laughter.

You should have learned something from that. The lesson should've been something along the lines of, 'don't mess with people you know you can't defeat just because you're bored' or something, but would you actually take such an experience as a utility for self-growth? No. So, as you stood up, slowly making your way back to the bleachers where Yuu was doubled over in laughter, trying to compose himself, you made sure to hit Leona right back, square on the crown of his head, with enough force to make him stumble a bit. That was probably just because you caught him off guard.

You ran back beside Yuu, eternally relieved when you didn't see Leona chasing after you and instead engaged in a conversation with Ruggie, who was yelling his words from afar. Though it wasn't really a conversation, since Leona wasn't really... well, responding.

You found that in the presence of a larger group, Leona didn't bother to chase after you any more, so, you decided to take an mile from the inch you were given. You started fake-whining to Yuu about how merciless Leona was when he basically threw you to the ground. This time, you were simply doing it to get on the lion's nerves, so you didn't pay any mind to the comments on the fact that you started this whole issue that Yuu would add in every now and then.

It seemed, though, that Leona had already grown a barrier to counter your irritating personality, so other than a dirty glance every now and then, he didn't bother showing a reaction to your comments. Instead, he invited himself to take a seat at your left side, waiting for Ruggie, Jack and Grim to join after they disappeared to god-knows where.

You reacted to his seating decision a little dramatically, as when he sat near you, you scooted over to the right, moving closer to Yuu. His reaction to that was moving a little closer to you, in turn, leaving you weary over whether or not he was planning you to throw you off the bleachers. Then, you spotted him fighting off a grin. Now, when you put aside you worries, his reaction was a little... immature for a 20 year old, wasn't it?

Rubbing some sand you just spotted off of your sleeve, you flinched a little as you felt a sting near your elbow. You suspcted that there was a scratch. Though, you pushed that hypothesis aside so that you could listen to Ruggie enlightement.
-"Ahh, that's right. Y'all don't know about that do you."