↳ teenagers in love

Začať od začiatku

"If that's the kind of kiss I get for not seeing you for three days, I might just have to do it more often," you teased, as he immediately began to shut the idea down with a shake of his head. Adorable, you thought.

Taking your hand in his, Bonnie began to pull you away from the wall and back onto the street as you tried to fix your hair and scooped up the discarded basket off the floor.

"So," he exclaimed, looking towards you with a wide smile that made your heart leap. "Where are we going?"

"I have to go get some more carrots for Polly," you shrugged, your body naturally moving closer to Bonnie's as you tried to avoid people on the busy streets. Bonnie could only grin as a light blush coated his cheeks at how natural it was for you to seek comfort in him.

"Great! Let's go then, dove," flushing at the nickname, you almost lost your footing as Bonnie began to run towards the market stalls – dragging you behind him as you both laughed loudly; causing people to shoot you dirty looks.

There was always something new about Bonnie that kept you on your toes. From the way that he sometimes scrunched newspapers to put in the heels of his shoes to seem taller to his boxing opponents, to the childlike excitement he got whenever he saw a new animal – he was completely and utterly enchanting.

"What about these?" Bonnie asked, turning to face you while holding a pair of beetroot above his head by the roots – ignoring the way the stall owner began to berate him for how disruptive he was being.

"Bon," you shook your head affectionately, grabbing the vegetables out of his hand before placing them back into the tray before raising your eyebrow towards the man still fussing over Bonnie, his face dropping at the sight of you.

"W-what can I get you, Miss Shelby?" He spluttered, grabbing a paper bag while you handed him a couple of cents.

"Just a dozen carrots, thank you."

Feverishly nodding, the older man began to grab your request with a small 'right away, Miss Shelby.' Looking back towards Bonnie who still seemed enamoured with the beetroot, you gave his hand a gentle squeeze – pulling his attention to you.

"What are you going to do with beetroot, Bon?" You teasingly questioned, a smile threatening to break out on your face.

"Nothing," he mumbled, reaching for the bag of carrots that the stall owner had returned with. "Just thought they were a pretty colour, that's all."

Not being able to hold back the genuine laughter that escaped you at his words, your face pressed into his bicep to not draw attention to yourself, before Bonnie wrapped his arm around your shoulders, beginning to walk through the markets with you.

The pair of you spent hours looking through stalls, pointing out different things that caught your attention, you tried on different hats while Bonnie tried to pick-pocket a few rings, your hand slapping his knuckles every time to stop him. You even occasionally pulled each other behind a stall to make-out.

By the time you left, the grin on your face felt permanent and Bonnie's angelic laughter echoed in your mind like a record on repeat. His hand was in yours as you stepped back onto the gloomy streets of Birmingham – but the feeling of being watched quickly caused the hairs on your body to spike up and a chill to shoot through your body like a bolt of lightening.

Immediately scanning the area, you felt your heart drop when your gaze landed upon a telephone booth – a blinder inside staring directly towards you while he spoke into the receiver.

"Shit," you hissed, pulling Bonnie along with you as you stormed past the booth while raising a finger towards the man whose eyes widened at the crude gesture.