Isaiah was in love with you and you were in love with him – but you were both too stubborn to admit it to each other.

Sighing, Michael could only watch as you downed half the bottle of whiskey before you stood up and left the pub without so much of a goodbye. His head turned to look at his best friend who's features turned into a frown as his eyes followed you; his attention being pulled back to Dorothy who placed her hand on his cheek.

Stupid. Fucking stupid idiots in love, he thought.

~~~~~~~

It had been a week since the events in the pub, and while you tried your hardest to ignore Isaiah, you had ultimately found yourself once again back to square one.

Tommy had called for a family meeting, the Shelby house being full of life to celebrate Michael joining the legitimate side of the business. Food covered the table, Arthur singing some song that he had learnt from a lass that sung at the Garrison on Saturday.

John was trying to sing along with the eldest Shelby sibling, failing since he didn't know the words – laughter and bright smiles on everybody's faces. A rare but welcome sight.

You watched from the top of the stairs, you couldn't help the grin growing on your face at your family. You had taken a little longer than usual to get ready since everyone was planning to take the celebrations elsewhere after eating.

Your red dress clung to your body perfectly, the lace covering your skin in the prettiest of ways. Ada had pinned your hair up and done your makeup – your red lipstick making a statement.

"We're going to find you a man," she suggestively wiggled her brows, a teasing tone in her voice. Your laughter easily slipping through your painted lips.

"Ada!" Your aunt playfully scolded from her position on the chair in the corner of your room, your older sister discreetly rolling her eyes – but not discreetly enough for your aunt who seemed to have eyes in the back of her head.

"Who knows, maybe Isaiah will finally make his move," Ada grinned, causing you to flush and look away from her stare in the mirror.

Shaking your head, you weakly mumbled out a "he doesn't like me like that," because it was true. Wasn't it?

You didn't see the frustrated looks Polly and Ada shared while you began to clean up your makeup on the vanity. They, like the rest of your family, could see how infatuated both you and Isaiah were with each other – the only two too blind to also see it was the both of you.

"Put on some shoes," Polly squeezed your shoulders, both her and Ada leaving your room. "We'll meet you downstairs when you're ready."

That was almost ten minutes ago, the celebrations already in full swing as you finally made your entrance. Your heels clicked against the floor as you entered the dining room, everyones eyes turning towards you.

"Y/N!" Arthur boomed, already pretty drunk. "Don't yer' look fuckin' dashing, she looks dashing doesn't she John." He slapped the boy to his rights chest.

John only grinned at you and let out a "she sure fucking does, wonder who she's dressed up for, hmm?"

Snickering at their theatrics, you walked over to Michael who was stood next to Polly – shovelling ham into his mouth like it was going out of fashion.

"Congratulations cousin, finally apart of the business" you grinned, as he pulled you into a side hug. "And brothers, who said I wasn't dressed up for myself? A lady can look nice just because she wants to."