Which is why you were currently trying to subtly gesture for Isaiah to follow you down one of the many hallways of Tommy's unnecessarily large house. Rolling his eyes, Isaiah boyishly giggled as you pulled him into an empty room and away from the wedding celebration that was going on.

"What on earth are you doing, love?"

Watching as you grinned widely at his question, Isaiah immediately knew you were once again up to no good, beginning to shake his head when he saw your brother make his way into the room.

"What the fuck are you two up to now?" He pinched his nose, looking between the sheepish Shelby twins.

"We're going to have a race," you spluttered eagerly, practically bouncing on the balls of your feet and Isaiah had to stop the grin begging to grow on his face at how adorable you looked.

He watched as Finn nudged you, grumbling about how you could've eased Isaiah into the suggestion and now he was probably going to dob you both in.

"I'm not agreeing with Finn here," Isaiah interrupted the hushed conversation, "but Y/N, you're wearing a dress – how the hell are you going to race in that without getting it dirty?"

Glancing down at the pretty red dress that Esmé had lended you, you merely lifted the skirt as you stared at the now flushed boy. "When have I ever been afraid of getting dirty, sia? The dress doesn't have to get ruined if I bunch it up."

Finn rolled his eyes at your words, slapping your hands so you let go of the dress while he berated you.

"Pol will give you hell for creasing the fabric."

"Pol's going to give us both hell for racing at Tommy's wedding," you teased back, before looking back at Isaiah who was smirking at the interaction. "So, you in?"

With a hearty laugh that filled the entire room, Isaiah pulled you to his side, his arm wrapping across your shoulders.

"You know I can never say no to you, Shelby – count me in."

Hearing a scoff from your brother, both you and Isaiah turned to look at the boy who had swung open the door; neither of you moving until he spoke up.

"Well are you lovebirds coming or am I going to race myself?" He mocked you both as you and Isaiah pulled away from each other – shyness immediately showing in the both of you as Finn walked down the hallway a few paces in front of you.

It was obvious to anyone with two eyes that you and Isaiah were in love with each other – you hadn't realised that you had fallen in love with the boy who had been by your side since you both played footsies in church until your fourteenth birthday when he kissed you for the first time.

You could remember that moment so vividly that it felt like it had happened yesterday. Your brothers had taken to holding a party for both you and Finn in celebration at the Garrison – everybody getting drunk and enjoying themselves.

"Come with me," Isaiah had spoken over the loud voices, as you struggled to laugh along to whatever joke Arthur was telling everyone in the pub.

Grabbing your friends hand, you trailed behind him as he pulled you through everybody until you were both outside, allowing you to have a breath of fresh air. You watched as he leant against the wall, his eyes never once leaving you as you took a couple of deep breaths to calm yourself.

"How did you know?" You timidly mumbled, finding the gravel beneath your feet much more interesting than your question – until you felt Isaiah lift your face with his finger under your chin, his hands gently taking yours when you were looking at him.