Alfie let out another hum, placing your glass back onto the table before pushing it into your awaiting hands. Taking a swing, your eyes met his over the edge of the cup.

"So tell me, yeah, tell me what Tommy Shelby's little sister is doing in London if it ain't her brothers business."

"Tommy conducts his business without the need to involve me," shrugging, you finished off the rest of your drink before continuing. "I haven't seen my brother in months, perhaps next time you see him you can mention the name Y/N Shelby and he might actually take some interest in what his little sister is doing nowadays."

And mention you Alfie most certainly did.

Your brothers had never shown up to your house as fast as they did after Alfie had mentioned spending the night with their sister. You hadn't prepared to open your front door and have three grown men storm into your dinning room so quickly.

"What the bloody hell are you idiots doing here?" You scoffed, crossing your arms as you watched John and Arthur sit down at your table. Tommy remained standing, his face blank as he looked toward you.

Tommy took a long drag from the cigarette he lit as soon as he entered your house, before plucking it from his lips and letting it sit between his fingers as he pointed at you.

"What business do you have with a man of the likes of Alfie Solomons?" He questioned, causing Arthur to let out a grunt in agreement to his words.

"So that's what this is about," you shook your head. "You lot storm into my house because I shared a drink and dance with Alfie, so what?"

Tommy never looked so displeased. "So what? So what our sister is out in London dancing with Alfie Solomons, a man with enemies that will paint a target on your back."

You couldn't help the anger that started boiling inside you, throwing your hands up in exasperation before slamming them down on your dining table.

"Get over yourself Thomas," you snapped. "You haven't spoken to me since you moved me here to London yourself. I've called and sent letters that you've ignored. Hell, you've obviously visited to do business with Alfie but haven't once thought to come see me."

The room went quiet as you and Tommy intensely stared at one another, both waiting for the other to make the next move.

"I've been busy," is all he could muster, causing your face to scrunch up in disgust.

"Too busy for family?"

"A war is coming Y/N," he sighed, placing his cigarette back between his lips. The smoke blanketed his face, almost as if it was creating a wall between the two of you. "We have to be prepared. I don't know how our enemy works yet, and if you, a Shelby, is seen out with the likes of Alfie Solomons - I don't know what they would do to you."

"It was only a one time thing," you sighed, voice softening. "It won't happen again. Alfie was only nice enough to keep me company for a night, it's not like he's courting me. I'll be fine, Tom."

You lied.

A one time thing, turned into two, which turned into three and soon you had lost count of how many times you had spent the night with Alfie. Sometimes he took you dancing, others he invited you to his house - cooking you a warm meal and spending the night by his fireplace reading books together, cuddled with his dog, Cyril.

You weren't quite sure how it happened, but you didn't regret a single second you had spent with the Jewish gangster. You knew your brother wouldn't be happy with you, nor would he approve of your relationship with his newest business partner.

"Do you Shelby's have a death wish or somethin'," Alfie's voice knocked you out of your thoughts. Your hand that was petting Cyril freezing in place as you watched him hang his coat before making his way over to you.

You had basically moved into Alfie's house a couple of weeks prior, not feeling safe after your brothers had left your place with a warning that their new enemies knew where they all lived, which meant they probably knew where you were too.

"Hello Y/N, I'm home, how was your day Y/N?" You teased, Alfie let out a loud sigh before making his way over to you - his lips meeting yours in a tender kiss.

"Sorry for bein' so rude," he muttered against your lips, before pulling away and taking a seat on the couch next to you.

"What has my brother done now?"

Alfie swallowed thickly, running his hand down his face before speaking. "He's gotten involved with the fuckin' Russians. Don't know what he plans to do, yeah? But it ain't goin' to end good."

"Fuck sake," you whispered, tossing your head back in annoyance. "I'll talk to Aunt Polly, see if she can knock some sense into him. Let me guess, he's dragging you into his mess too?"

"Can't escape it, love."

Placing your head on Alfie's shoulder, you pinched the bridge of your nose in annoyance to the whole situation. Tommy never talked to anyone else that might be affected by his decisions before he made them, and it frustrated you to no end. Now he's gotten Alfie involved.

"How about we just forget about it for the night, yeah?" Alfie suggested, pulling you to your feet. "Come, I want to show yer' somethin'"

You couldn't even express your questions as Alfie pulled you upstairs to his bedroom, opening the doors before walking in with extended arms. A beaming smile graced his face as he let out a loud "ta-da!"

"Alf," you chuckled, tilting your head in confusion. "I've seen your bedroom before."

"Right, right." He ushered you inside, pulling you towards his wardrobe. "But yer' haven't seen what I had the maids... and Ollie, do while you took Cyril on a walk."

You could only watch in amusement as you giant boyfriend began opening drawers, showing you a heap of women's clothing - including what you had left at your own house.

"I've moved you in!" He basically cheered. "I know how much you hate going back to yer' place, so welcome to your new home."

"Oh Alf," you smiled, wrapping your arms around him. "Thank you."

"You like it?" He questioned, pressing a kiss to the crown of your head. "You can decorate the place however you want. Add your own touches."

"I love it. I love you."

You didn't have to say much else, slamming your lips against his. Alfie reacted not a second later, one of his hands moving to the back of your head and the other to your waist, pulling you impossibly closer.

Your brothers couldn't be more wrong about Alfie, and you knew that as soon as they found out about the pair of you it would possibly cause an anger contest between the pair of them. But how could you possibly care when this was the life you had been given.

I guess you'd have to wait to set it off.