☂1☂

17 years ago...

Zero stared at the building ahead of him nervously before turning to look over at his siblings, making sure that they were all in position and ready to go. He might not be the "leader," but he still ensured they could all handle whatever was thrown at them inside. Deep in thought, Zero returned his gaze towards the bank observing as a massive crowd had already begun to surround the area. Everyone wanted to know what was happening inside while police officers did their best to hold them all back at an adequate distance.

"Come on, it's time." A voice beside him spoke, forcing Zero to snap out of his thoughts and turn towards his brother Five.

"Okay, let's get this party started." The boy replied as they all ran to the side entrance of the building.

Once inside, Zero scanned the room before counting off siblings, ensuring they had all gotten inside. When he was done, he nodded to himself in reassurance before returning to his task, knowing that the only one missing was Vanya, though he knew she was safe with their father.

Zero's eyes flickered over to the robbers as a smile spread across his face knowing that they had been training for this moment their entire lives. This was the reason why they had been adopted, to be a team of superhumans and help save humanity whenever they needed. He almost felt sorry for the robbers, knowing they had no idea what they were about to endure, except for the fact that they had taken hostages.

Allison skipped over to one of the robbers, who was too busy speaking into a radio to notice her at first, but once he finished, he turned and noticed the girl patiently waiting for his attention. The man frowned and pointed towards the group of hostages, "Hey, get back with the others!"

Allison ignored the man as she took a step closer, "I heard a rumor."

"What-What did you say?" The man asked, confused, which only caused Allison to smile wickedly and lean in closer with a hand placed so he could hear her better.

"I heard a rumor that you shot your friend in the foot." The girl said, her power instantly taking control of the man's mind. The man instantly straightened up, grabbing hold of his gun as Allison backed away towards the group, her smile never disappearing. They all watched in amusement as the man pointed the gun at his friend's foot.

"Hey, dude." The guy said while his friend cocked his gun, ignoring him as the other man watched with wide eyes. "What the hell?" The man asked before getting his foot shot, causing the guy to fall to the ground and shoot his own gun randomly, while his partner stared at him in confusion.

Zero ran out to where the man was standing, kicking him in the back of the leg, rendering him to fall before knocking him out. At that moment, the boy drew his gun, shooting the man in the shoulder, striking him back to the ground, causing him to hit his head and fall unconscious.

At that moment, a boy with blonde hair crashed down from above, and one of the men was suddenly thrown through a window. A different man held his gun up, ready to shoot. Luther got into his fighting stance, prepared to protect the hostages, when Diego ran into the room, pulling out one of his knives.

"Guns are for sissies. Real men throw knives." Diego stated, throwing the knife. Which seemed to curve through the air, sinking into the man's chest. Zero ran up to the boy with a raised brow. "Real men? Don't you still have trouble tying your shoes?" Zero asked in amusement.

"Shut up." Diego snapped angrily, which only caused Zero's smile to widen in amusement.

"Guys, focus," Luther called out, making the two boys look around the room and realize that there were still robbers standing.