↳ seasonal love

Start from the beginning

"Politely," you smiled right back, tucking the gun into your waistband, before leading him out of the building.

You watch as Tommy keeps a cold expression, his features never giving away what he was thinking or his next move. Blank. Stoic. Completely professional, as both men introduce themselves and begin the deal – Albert Kline's eyes meeting yours past Tommy's shoulder.

Tommy remains stern until the redhead man begins to speak to you.

He doesn't hear the question you ask, too focused on trying to calm down his racing heart at the predatory look the enemy was giving you – but he hears the mans response as clear as day.

"A nosey little bitch aren't ya?" Albert's accent was heavy, as he looks back at his men who were laughing at his response.

"You're one insult off starting a war," Tommy interrupts, stepping in front of you. "The deal has been made, take your leave."

Albert doesn't say much else as he nods and jumps back onto his boat; moving his fingers into the shape of a gun – pretending to shoot both you and Tommy as they move past.

He waited until they were out of his sight before swivelling on the balls of his feet to look at you – his features returning once again to an unreadable expression.

"What did he say to you?" He grunted, tone signifying for you to not lie to him. Your eyebrows furrowed – not expecting the question.

"He asked if I was apart of the deal," you responded, voice barely above a whisper.

You waited for his response, watching as he rubbed a hand down his face before pulling a pack of cigarettes and a lighter out of his coat pocket – offering you one, which you took. He cupped his hand around the flame as he gestured for you to move forward; lighting yours before his.

A gentleman.

"He's not going to lay a hand on you," he finally spoke up, deep eyes intently studying yours. "I'm not going to let him near you, to even get a hand on you."

"I know."

A pregnant pause settled over you both as you smoked, before his arm pulled you into his side – wrapping across your shoulders as you both watched the small waves in the water.

"My mum always told me to marry a soldier," you spoke, staring out into the distance. He let out a hum at your words.

"What'd you say back?"

"I told her that I was a soldier."

He chuckled at your words, a genuine smile growing upon his lips before he pressed them to the crown of your head. So right. It felt so fucking right.

You both stayed standing in each others embrace until the sun went down and he walked you home – declining your offer for him to come inside.

He couldn't. Not yet.

Instead he offered to take you to the pictures the next night.

~~~~~~~~~

He kisses you for the first time in Summer.

Neither of you knew when it happened, but somehow you became tangled in a web of nothing but each other. You both knew it was wrong – you should be with a younger man, he often told you. Someone who you can be seen freely with.

But neither of you wanted that.

You wanted Tommy Shelby and Tommy Shelby wanted you. Nobody else competed.