04 | ❝ INSULTING ❞ ✨ ೃ༄

Start from the beginning

⤹⋆⸙͎۪۫。˚۰˚☽˚⁀➷。˚⸙͎۪۫⋆ ༄

Finally sending the last noblewoman off, she had finally relaxed her shoulders before they stiffened once again as she turned and bowed towards Sovieshu.

She had little respect for the man who was doing questionable actions but he was still the emperor so she had no choice unless she wanted to give the man a reason to kick her out.

"Y/n no need to be so formal" he smiles causing her to raise a hand, he was genuinely being nice but she couldn't forget how he was starting to neglect Navier at all.

"Come with me" he ordered as he quickly turned and walked, her legs quickly moved to cover the distance and catch up to him "I'm sure Navier has already talked to you about a certain matter regarding Rashta."

"You mean finding a lady-in-waiting?"

"No the other issue?"

"Um. ." 'her mysterious status is clearly the wrong answer unless I want to get lock up again' she stopped visibly confused, a rare look on her face, as if she wasn't informed of anything under than the search for Rashta's lady-in-waiting.

"You don't know?"

"No not really," she admitted scratching the back of her head "is it perhaps an issue with her education?"

"No that matter has been taken care of as we've instructed teachers for her." The man answered.

It was a bit of a weird conversation, Y/n was surprise that they were even having a decent conversation, but- 'what the hell is he talking about?'

Sovieshu sighed "let's head to Navier to clear this situation up"

'I feel like I caused a problem for Navier. .'

The walk to Navier's chambers turned awkward as Y/n couldn't really find herself making an effort to Sovieshu's attempts of a conversation, mostly about Rashta and their (Sovieshu's and Rashta's) interactions.

'are you stupid? You're legit talking about your Mistress to your wife's best friend and body guard-' she yelled in her mind.

They found themselves entering the room when Navier let them in, Y/n had immediately shook her shoulders and sent a confused look to Navier.

"What brings you here today--"

"How goes the search for Rashta's lady-in-waiting?" Sovieshu caught Navier off as Y/n wondered whether the man was throwing all rational mind whenever he's near Navier, and it wasn't due to stupid love towards his wife considering with how he was acting with his mistress he possibly didn't love or respect the woman anymore.

Navier sat down as did Sovieshu. "I invited and asked all the noblewomen and their daughters but none would step forth."

"Is that all?"

"Pardon?"

"There must be a reason why they declined." He said looking at Navier who was offended, especially by his latter remark "Did you perhaps. . spout some nonsense to them?"

"How could I when I know nothing about her?" Navier asked, her fists clenching to the point it shook in rage.

"People can still talk even if they know nothing." Sovieshu stood up.