Prologue

Y/N was jumping across the rooftops of Venice chasing his target, the target was moving like a gazelle.

"He's heading to the train station, Y/N stop him before he gets on that train or we'll lose him for good." Merlin said over the comms as Y/N used the edge of the roof as a springboard to send himself flying into the target and tackle him to the floor.

"Alright dick 'ed, stay on the fuckin' ground." Y/N said almost jokingly as he handcuffed the target and dragged them to their feet. "Target secured. Moving to extraction."

"Good job Gawain. Extraction on standby." Merlin said proudly as he heard a gunshot over the comms. "Gawain what happened?"

"Sniper, the target's been hit, it's looking bad Sir." Y/N said as he saw the target reaching for their pocket to pull out a photo, they handed it to Y/N as blood marked part of the photo.

"Защити ее, останови Дрейкова и Зорансова (Protect her, stop Dreykov and Zoransov.)" The target said as he succumbed to his wounds.

"Merlin, Alex is dow- I mean target down, succumbed to his wounds." Y/N said as there was a silence while Merlin had to steel himself to get Y/N's mind back to being focused on the task.

"There was nothing you could have done, search his body for any leads and then make your way to the extraction...Y/N?"

"Yeah...understood, just um, give us a minute." Y/N said as he checked the target for anything that could give him another lead aside from the woman in the photo. Y/N ran his hand over the mans eyes to close them before muttering to himself. "Покойся с миром (Rest in peace)."

Y/N stood up and walked away from the scene cursing himself for someone dying on his watch, they only wanted to talk to him before they would decide what to do, they weren't going to kill him though.

"Fucks sake." Y/N whispered to himself as he reached the extraction point at the airport and got on the Kingsman jet back to London.

Y/N was sitting at the bar on the jet drinking a glass of whisky on the rocks while looking at the photo, his glasses were in his the pocket of his suit, he was looking at the blood stained photo in his hands and remembering the dying words of the man.

"Who are you and why do I need to stop Dreykov and Zoransov?" Y/N muttered to himself as he felt his glasses vibrate in his pocket, he slipped the photo into the inside pocket of his suit and pulled out his glasses before putting them on to attend the briefing.

"Agent Gawain, Merlin has informed me of the mission, my sympathies, I know you and agent Percival were good friends." Arthur said as Y/N was silent. "Did he find any answers as to why he went rogue?"

"Negative sir, he gave me a photo of a woman and mentioned two names, Dreykov and Zoransov, other than that there's nothing sir." Y/N said in a cold tone as he Arthur nodded.

"Well when you get here we can get a full debrief. Until then, have a safe journey." Arthur said as he ended the call.

Y/N went back to looking at the photo and finishing his glass of whisky.

"What made you so special that he went rogue for you?" Y/N said as he gulped the last of the whisky in his glass, he headed off to a chair and got some sleep until they landed back at the Mansion in Hertfordshire, when he stepped off the jet Y/N walked through the mansion and to the secret headquarters area hidden behind a bookshelf in the study, by the time Y/N had used the Kingsman underground shuttle system to get to the shop it was fairly late in the evening. He walked up to the board room and saw Arthur, Merlin, Harry and Eggsy all waiting for him.

Eggsy could see something in Y/N's eyes, as could Harry, there was some new look of determination and coldness in his eyes as he walked into the room, the whole thing was wrong, neither Harry, Eggsy or Merlin agreed with sending Y/N on a mission to hunt down one of his closest friends, especially considering it was only his second solo mission in the field since training.

The meeting went by as Merlin ran through everything from the mission, he revealed the name of the woman in the photo, Yelena Belova.

"We think he contacted her on a mission and she said something to him that made him go rogue, or perhaps it was a case of he fell in love with the enemy. We have yet to really determine that." Merlin said as Y/N thought for a moment.

"It was the latter sir." Y/N said as everyone turned to look at him.

"How so?"

"In his final words, when he handed me the photo, he that I protect her and stop Dreykov and Zoransov." Y/N answered as Arthur looked uneasy, even though it was only slightly. "What do we know about those two?"

"We know nothing about Dreykov, there is no record of him, nothing, according to history he doesn't even exist. As for Zoransov, he's only appeared in any records twice, his birth and his apparent death eleven years ago."

"So they're ghost stories?"

"According to history." Merlin said as Eggsy noticed something.

"This Yelena woman, haven't we heard of her before?"

"That's right, she's been named the Crimson Widow, like the Black Widow who worked for the Avengers and SHIELD, rumor is that Ms Belova is credited with over a hundred government assassinations and allegedly tried to kill Clint Barton thanks to her boss lying to her about her sisters death, claiming that Barton killed her. Since then she's disappeared of the face of the earth until recently, that's where Y/N comes in, we believe agent Percival spoke to her about Y/N before he was killed and likely told her about us for when she ever needs help, I guess she used his trust to her advantage, because she has another notch to add to her belt, she was the sniper in Venice." Merlin said as Y/N puzzled over that for a moment.

"Then why did Alex want me to protect her?"

"Perhaps she didn't want to kill him and was forced into it and he knew about it." Eggsy said as Y/N thought about it for a moment.

"So what's the next step sir?" Y/N asked as Arthur looked to him seeing a new sense of resolve in the boy that he knew would get the mission done.

"Ms Belova was spotted in Berlin this morning, I want you to go there and talk to her, investigate her and then eliminate her, avenge our fallen friend, rogue or otherwise." Arthur said as Y/N was taken back by the last part for a moment before nodding to Arthur and the rest of the present agents, Y/N stood up and left heading for the door.

"Oh and Y/N, try not to make the same mistake that Alex did." Arthur said as Y/N nodded to himself before walking out of the door and heading back to the mansion to get the jet to Berlin.