⚡️ Chapter 30 ⚡️

Začať od začiatku

"Are you okay now?" Vega asked quietly as he stopped throwing up, but then he expelled more out and Vega scrunched up her nose. "I guess not... I'm sorry,"

Once Ron had finished with his session, Vega generously conjured a towel up for him and handed it over to him so he could wipe his mouth clean. Harry joined the two of them, bringing his cloak.

"Follow the spiders," Ron said weakly as he turned to look at his two black-haired friends. "I'll never forgive Hagrid. We're lucky to be alive,"

"I bet he thought Aragog wouldn't hurt friends of his," Harry said.

"That's exactly Hagrid's problem!" Ron said, thumping the wall of the cabin. "He always thinks monsters aren't as bad as they're made out, and look where it's got him! A cell in Azkaban!"

"Don't say that, Ron," Vega mumbled, but Ron was shivering uncontrollably now.

"What was the point of sending us in there?" Ron asked. "What have we found out; I'd like to know? Do you have any idea, Vega?"

"Um, for one, we now know that Hagrid never opened the Chamber of Secrets," Vega pointed out. Harry threw the cloak over her and Ron, prodding the male in the arm to walk. "He was innocent,"

Ron gave a loud snort.

Evidently, hatching Aragog in a cupboard wasn't his idea of being innocent.

But Vega wasn't bothered by that. Ron's question had forced her to think back to what Aragog said.

There was a girl who died in a bathroom fifty years ago...
And it was done by a creature that spiders are scared of...

As the castle loomed nearer, Harry twitched the cloak to make sure their feet, especially his tall friends', were hidden, then pushed the creaking front doors ajar. They walked carefully back across the entrance hall and up the marble staircase, holding their breath as they passed corridors where watchful sentries were walking.

We have to be careful around Filch and his corridor...
Why does he have to sit there all the time?

Vega glanced at the bathroom as they passed by it, and looked at the floor to make sure that no more water was seeping out. She could hear distant wails of Myrtle as she continued her session.

I wonder if Myrtle knows about the girl who died in the bathroom?
She's always moving out and around in other bathrooms, too, right?
What did she say? How long had she been in that bathroom, again?

At last they reached the safety of the Gryffindor common room, where the fire had burned itself into glowing ash. They took off the cloak and Vega quickly grabbed Harry and Ron's arms to stop them, causing them both to jump slightly when they felt her cold touch through their robes.

"Harry, Ron," Vega said in a low voice. "There's something... You remember what Aragog said just now? About the person who was killed back then? Fifty years ago?"

Ron groaned about wanting to go back to sleep, too tired to care about anything after their adventure. But Harry stopped to listen to the pale female and Vega stared at them with white eyes.

"That girl that died...." Vega said. "Aragog said that she was found dead in a bathroom..." Harry and Ron stared at her in confusion. "What if... she's still there? What if she never left that place?"

"You don't think – not Moaning Myrtle?"