Why me?

97 days:
I assume that either it is winter or I have woken up very early as the darkness still lingers outside our accommodation. I prop myself up onto my elbows and the fresh scent of outside creeps into my nose and through my veins, the sweet sharpness of cold air sinking into the pit of my stomach. It settles there like sand in water and rather than seeming heavy it's relaxing - refreshing, almost. There is a very small chance of me falling back asleep so I wander outside, letting the cool air pass me by.

After a while of wandering, the night begins to retreat and an explosion of colours appear with the sun as it slowly makes its ascent into the sky. As I stare blankly at the sky, the thought that it's amazing that I'm here at all dawns on me. They could have just pulled the plug and left me to die slowly. When everything began to crumble, they could have let me die with it. But they didn't. And I don't know why. Or maybe they did and I miraculously survived? I don't know. And in all honesty, I'm not sure I want to know. I'm here now. And I guess that's all that matters. I'm here. With a strange redhead called Jonesy and his sweet friend, Faye. And to me, it is all that matters.
***
As I near the entrance of our hideaway, I hear shrieks and shouts from inside. I rush in to see what all the fuss is about when I see Faye standing on the table, shrieking every so often and Jo shouting at her to "Shut up because there's NOTHING THERE!"

The second they see me they both stop in their tracks.
Faye: "There's a rat and he won't do anything about it!!"
Jo: "it's just a rat, chill."
Me: "I actually thought that something happened."
We all stand in silence for a minute before Faye clambers down from her position on the table.
"We should go out, Y'know, explore a bit," she says calmly (an unexpected change of environment).
"Sure, I'm in," I reply.
But Jo seems to have other views;
"You sure? Maybe we should stay home - do nothing?"
"Two against one. You've been outnumbered. Now stop being lazy and join us!!" Exclaims Faye. We pack the essentials; water, and the crackers that I still have from the hospital. It's late morning and the air is settled. It's sharp and crisp, the sky cloudless, the sun is a glowing orb in the baby blue sky. We wonder through the city, directionless. We walk through the city's winding streets until, in the distance, we spot a wall-type thing. We near the metallic lump to see cameras and wires scattered all over the wall but underneath, is a hole. A hole, big enough to fit a person, but small. The faint sound of chatter lingers underfoot. We clamber down, one by one, Faye, me, Jo.

The darkness envelops me as we enter the tunnel and as I turn around, I notice that the place is dimly lit by what's seems like hundreds of candles. A voice echoes from deeper in the tunnel.
"Who's there..?" They enquire warily.
And as they shuffle towards us, a small, dark figure appears before us.