"Y/N," I handed back the arepa and I ran towards the remains of casita. "Y/N!" I start moving pieces of the wall desperately trying to look for her. Suddenly Y/N's parents and Daniel come running at me.

"Camilo, where is Y/N? We didn't see her out there," Daniel asks panting slightly. I look at the burning remains.

"Somewhere in there," He grabbed the collar of my shirt. "What is she doing in there? Did you try not to save her!?" I was about to explain when Isabela put a hand on his shoulder.

"He did more than anyone but we stopped him casita included," Daniel let go of me and muttered an apology.

"Stop talking, we need to find her," Luisa said, trying to move the bigger rocks but she failed. "Let me help," Mirabel helped her push the rock out.

We started calling her name and moved all the rocks, wood, and glass. "Y/N please say something!" I moved more rocks showing blood everywhere.

I felt tears in my eyes and I shook my head. "No she's strong she has to be alive," I lied to myself hoping it would be true.

"I found Abuela's skull," Dolores says pointing at something. The more I dug around the more blood I saw.

My heart dropped when I saw a hand poking out of a pile of rocks. "No," I quickly moved the rocks. Y/N laid there covered in blood and missing a leg and her arms were burnt.

I choked back sobs and got on my knees. "Please tell me this is a prank please," I moved some hair out of her face as my tears fell.

"Camilo what did you-" Daniel reached for her hand and checked for a pulse. "Check her neck,"

I wiped some tears from my face and checked for a pulse. I start getting all these flashbacks of when we were kids.

The first time we had a playdate. The time we found the treehouse, our first sleepover. The first time we kissed, I closed my eyes and let tears run down.

I gasped when I felt a weak pulse. "She's barely alive just barely," I whispered, smiling. Daniel got up and ran to the others.

Tears still fell from my eyes as I held her hand. "Camilo can you help me get her out of this," Y/N's dad asks as her mom set's something up outside.

I carefully pick her up as her dad moves things out of the way. She moves slightly and softly groans. "Camilo?" She asks hoarsely.

"Yes, what hurts?" I scold myself for the stupid question. "Everything hurts," She grabbed my shirt softly and her eyes became glossy.

"I know it's going to be okay I promise," I carefully kissed her head as we made it outside. "Over here,"

Y/N mama said with a small bed and a cart filled with medical supplies. I place her down slowly and she winces a bit.

"I'm sorry," I turned around to walk away but she grabbed my hand. "Don't go, please," I nod my head and sit down next to the bed.

Julieta started to clean off all the blood as Y/N holds my hand. Y/N mama starts to take out the pieces of wood and glass from her skin.

She bits her lip and holds back tears. My heart breaks seeing her in pain. Mirabel comes over to help as everyone else cleans the destruction.

"Mira, can you come over here please," Y/N asks, turning her head to face Mirabel. "Do you need pain killers, water, anything?" She asked pulling out some painkillers.

"I need you to use the power to help the people," Mirabel shook her head and crouched down. "I can't do that I-" Y/N grabs her hand and Mirabel stops talking.

"Please do it for me. I can't heal myself but you could heal me. My magic is at its fullest since you guys don't have power," What if the magic in her is the only thing keeping her alive?

I can't lose her, so I squeezed Y/N's hand. She turns to me and I can see she's almost gone. "Ok," Mirabel says, holding out her hand.

"What no," Y/N looks back at me and I cup her cheek. "What if you die, I can't lose you again," My voice breaks at the end, Y/N smiles.

"Everything will be fine, if it's my time I can't-" I shake my head and tears start falling from my eyes.

"Don't leave me please," I feel tears fall down her cheeks. "It scared me when I saw you under all those rocks, you helped free this family from Alma we need you," I cried not looking at her anymore.

"I think I know a way to keep me alive," She motioned Mirabel to move closer and she whispered something to her.

Mirabel nodded and Y/N grabbed my hand. "I love you," I pulled her into one more kiss before she gave my cousin her powers.

It was almost like a wisp of life went into Mirabel and Y/N looked a lot worse. Mirabel looked at her hands then she waved her hand over Y/N's body.

Emerald green fog started to surround Y/N's body. "What are you doing?" I ask slightly panicking.

"It's ok this is how Mirabel is going to keep me alive and heal me," Y/N said as the fog started to make its way up her body.

"How long are you going to be in this fog?" She shrugs and the fog covered her whole body. I had so many other questions but what am I going to talk to now a fog bubble?

She is frozen in the fog till she's healed I guess. "Come on let's start building casita," Mirabel says putting a hand on my shoulder.

Hesitantly I got up and started helping out with the house. I tried to act happy to keep people from asking questions but it didn't work I could hear everyone's concerned whispers as I started taking out bricks.

"Mijo are you ok?" Papa asks pulling me aside. "I'm fine," I mumble before getting back to work.

By the end of the day, we removed everything and started the base of the house. "So does everyone have their house buddies?" Bruno asks the family as everyone starts to go home.

"Yep," Everyone says except me. Mama wraps me into a hug. "Come stay with us it's not that far," I shake my head.

"I'm going to stay with Y/N," She looks at me concerned, and sighs. "You can't sleep out here you will get sick now come on,"

I pull out a tent and quickly assemble it so it would cover me and Y/N. "Yes, I can see I will be warm and I will be the closest to the house," Mirabel puts some pillows and blankets in there as I walk back to mama.

"Fine but if you need the house it's right across the bakery," Hesitantly mama leaves and the sun goes down. I crawl into the tent and zip it up.

I pull up the covers and I look at Y/N. "I don't want you getting cold," I put a cover over her and hold her hand or I try to. "Night Y/N I love you," I hold my pillow and fall asleep.