"Still not as nice as San Francisco. That's my favorite place in this whole state," Gwen spoke. Memories of her childhood and adolescence flooded her mind. Scenes of '50s America were fresh and lovely, the world never looked so innocent and beautiful. 

"Did you grow up there?" Jonesy asked. 

"Oh, yeah, it was really nice. I've never been to San Diego, though."

"So how can you know if San Francisco is better?" He asked. 

"Because it's the best city in the world. Nothing could top it." She wore her title of Californian with pride. 

"You've clearly never had a fresh croissant in Paris," Jimmy said with a coy smile on his face.

"Okay, maybe it's not the best city in the world, but definitely in America."

Jonesy frowned, "I hated San Fransico. Too many people." 

"I agree," Jimmy chimed in, "too many homeless people." 

Gwen rolled her eyes. 

-

"I just love the sun here. It warms me and brings out the color in my eyes." Lorelei was smiling with a dreamy look in her eyes. Every inch of her was filled with bliss. 

Their hands had found each other and rested together on the seat of the car. Bonzo refrained from groaning at the sight of their love. He was getting sick of everyone. The next tour would be without all the romance, he hoped.

"How is Jason, Bonz?" Robert changed the subject to keep the mood light. 

"He's doing wonderfully! I'm already teaching him how to play. He has a little kit and everything. It really fills my heart with joy to see him banging away." 

His voice was lighter than she'd had ever heard. His face was flushed with a glow of happiness, filled with total glee.

"You have a child?" She asked. 

"Yeah, his name is Jason. He's four. He's the love of my life."

"That's so sweet. You must've been young when you had him. You don't look old enough to have a child."

"I had him when I was 18. It kills me to be away from him." He was still beaming at the thought of his family, despite the sadness that he felt. It wasn't easy for any of them to leave their families. 

It was easier for Jimmy, who was more interested in furthering his career than settling down. Of course, it wasn't on purpose that any of them had children so young. But Jimmy was careful. He had a plan in life and knew having a child was not in that plan. Not for the time being, at least.

"That warms my heart. Robert, do you have any children?" She asked. This conversation was now going sour, and he had to do something to change the subject. Reminiscing and thinking of family were something they all did, but not to the women they brought on tour. 

"Yeah, Robert, do you have any children?" Bonzo was smiling at him. It may have seemed innocent on the surface, but Robert knew what his true intention was. It wasn't an extension of glee for his well-being, it was a challenge. He was an ape bearing his teeth, ready for the slaughter.

Robert was a spiritual man, he believed in a plethora of God's. He never knew if he was in their good graces or not, not attending mass or any kind of church. He didn't even pray. But on this day, he knew somebody or something was looking out for him. Before the silence got too thick, filling with awkward hesitance, the car stopped abruptly. It slammed them against the seats, their heads banging into the vinyl. He'd never been so happy to have a headache.

"Jesus, what was that?" Bonzo peered out the window. 

"Must be traffic." Robert shrugged, turning back to Lorelei. She was worried, wearing an expression of deep concern. He came to her rescue and calmed her nerves. He was a knight, clad in heavy chainmail and brandished a shield. He stroked her cheek and her hair, whispering sweet nothings in her ear while Bonzo investigated.

He got out of the car and could now see that the traffic was heavy, the highway at a dead stop. He went back to the door and looked into the window before getting in. Robert and Lorelei were attached at the mouth, engaging in a makeup session.