20 - 𝙼𝚊𝚢 𝚋𝚎

Start from the beginning

"When a girl says stop, it literally means stop," Suguru replied. He thought no one should force a girl— or anyone rather— to do something they didn't want.

"Eh? Isn't it like 'yes', but they don't wanna say it directly? Or they're shy? I don't know, but something like that." No one had ever refused Satoru before, so he wasn't sure how to take it.

"What drama are you watching, Satoru, seriously?" Suguru tiredly placed the phone on his chest with it on loud speaker. Talking to the manchild was sure draining. "You're gonna get into jail for that mindset. Don't call me when that happens."

"Eeeh~ That's not gonna happen."

"If someone says stop, no matter the reason, stop. It doesn't matter if she's just shy or she doesn't want to say it directly. Don't think too much. Maybe she simply doesn't want to. Worse case scenario, she dislikes what you're doing," Suguru continued. "Or she just really dislikes you."

Dislike.

Satoru had never been bothered by that word before. He didn't even realize someone disliking him would affect him. All his life, it was either love or hate. They either loved his strength, his appearance, his aura or they hated his guts, his presence and the threats he brought.

The only person who saw through and distinguished different sides of him was Suguru. He was the only one who didn't look at his worth based on strength and had always treated him as an equal.

"Fine. I don't get it, but I trust you." Satoru lied down on his bed, staring at the ceiling.

"Wait. You dating someone or what?"

"What? Nope. (F/n) is at home righ-" Satoru was forced to pull the phone away from his ear when Suguru interrupted.

"(F/N)-san?! What is she doing there?"

"For some reason, Inumaki clan is on her tail right now." Satoru paused and thought for a while. "Her mother went to see me a while ago and pleaded for me to intervene. Now, it's prolly gonna be rumoured that we're engaged. Those elders..."

There was shuffling and the sound of thud from Suguru's line. He was awake now. "But are you?"

"Of course not. Did you really think (F/n) would agree to that?," Satoru sighed, more like a statement than a question. "She dislikes me."

Suguru chuckled. He knew that was impossible, considering how you ran to find him and Toji out of worry even while you had not fully recovered yet.

The whole Star Plasma Vessel incident refreshed on Suguru's head again. He sighed. "Satoru, I gotta go."

"Yeah, sure," Satoru replied, an uneasy feeling bugging him because of the change in Suguru's tone. "Wait, Suguru."

"Yeah?"

"You okay?"

Because of Satoru's special eyesight, he could rarely perceive facial expressions. However, he could hear just fine. And right now, Suguru sounded different.

The other line went quiet for a moment before Suguru chuckled. "You disturbed my sleep, I just wanna go back. Behave around (F/n)-san, okay?"

Satoru wheezed. He must've been imagining things. "Whatever."

As the line died, Satoru released the breath he had been holding.

You disliked him, that's why you told him to stop. That was the conclusion that formed in his mind after the talk with Suguru.

Satoru couldn't understand what those yearnings were. He didn't even know when it started.

He was just fooling around, liking the challenge of not being able to draw any reaction other than indifference and sarcasm from you. He would just enjoy the fact that other than Suguru, someone didn't consider him different and put him on a pedestal.