Though he knew it was her job to be caring, he still found it comforting.

"No," he shook his head, "I'm good, thanks."

There are curtains between the beds, but Adam could't hear anything else in the room. He isn't sure how long he's been there, just that they brought him in last night. The doctor had said something about a potential concussion, something about keeping him for observation.

Which is probably why he's still there.

His sight caught onto the girl again. He tilted his head a bit and watched as she wrote something onto a clipboard. Adam dropped his gaze after a second, chewing on his bottom lip before asking, "How bad is it?"

She glanced up from the board, "Hm?"

"My arm," he clarified, "how bad is it?"

The brunette sheepishly grinned. She laid the notes on her lap, "If I am being honest," she started, "I have no clue. I was just sent to watch over you, but clearly I wasn't the right person for the job."

Both teenagers laughed lightly, recalling just minutes prior that the girl had fallen asleep.

Adam ignored the pulsating pain that had suddenly shot through his head. He takes a breath and he rubs his arm, watching the girl cast around for something to say to fill the silence.

The only sound was of the machines, which were beginning to pick up pace every time Adam even looked at the girl. He thought she was gorgeous, but surly since they just met, it would be inappropriate to say something.

At least in his mind it was.

But just as he was going to speak, a doctor came walking in. He tossed in a sigh of irritation and sunk into the bed.

The doctor began to explain all the problems that had occurred within the accident. Adam's pretty sure he'd be fine. He's had plenty of accidents before, on and off the ice.

Even with his arm in a cast, the bandage he can feel taped to his head, he'd be able to handle it. Injuries are the one thing he knows how the handle.

The girl exited the room upon the docters wishes.

Adam was only able to throw her a small smile, and he began to regret on not asking for her name.

• —————— ᯽—————— •

𝗽𝗿𝗲𝘀𝗲𝗻𝘁
(𝘁𝗵𝗿𝗲𝗲 𝗺𝗼𝗻𝘁𝗵𝘀 𝗹𝗮𝘁𝗲𝗿)

    THE WESTBROOK ACADEMY'S campus was huge. Numerous buildings of all sizes were stretched meters down a smoothed walkway, each one etched with opulent designs and sculptings.

Streetlights producing a tinted, soft-glowing light were perched on either side of the path. Freshly trimmed flower gardens enwreathed the domed ice arenas, which were displayed in the center of the academy grounds.

The whole atmosphere reminded Adam Banks of a fancy prestigious school he currently attended, Eden Hall.

This campus, however, made the boy fall nauseous from just looking at its enormous size. Surly he would loose his way around this place on the first day.

Philip Banks stepped out of his 1996 Acura RL, ambling to the trunk of the car to retrieve his son's hockey equipment. An illustrious grin projected onto his lips.

For once Adam knew for a fact his father was proud of him. The blonde has been working up to this moment for over ten years now. But for some reason, there was no relief whatsoever.