And why is she smiling like that for him?

WHO IS HE?

*As Abhimanyu tries to calm himself down, he notices the guy's hand on Akshara's waist. A rage like never before consumes him as if he could kill the guy for merely touching her.

His nails dig into the flesh of his hands as he tries hard to not punch the guy's face and turn it blue. 

I'll turn your face so blue, it'll match Akshara's dress!

xx

Akshara 

"Nikhil?" She laughs. 

"Hi Akshu, I see that your old habit of tripping here and there is still intact." Nikhil grins.

*Akshara blushes on hearing that statement.*

"You know, I shouldn't be even talking to you! I mean Kairav bhaiyya is your best friend and you missed his wedding functions. How could you do that?" Akshara makes an angry expression.

"Akshu, you know I would've never missed it if something really important hadn't come up." Nikhil makes a puppy face to convince her. 

"Haan, haan...save this drama because you need to convince Kairav bhaiyya too. Chalo, let's go meet him!"

xx

Abhimanyu 

Akshu.

He's calling her Akshu. A name only her family members use for her. 

He must be a cousin. Yes, he's her cousin. He's a relative. A RELATIVE. 

*As Abhi tries to reassure himself, he overhears Akshara referring to Nikhil as Kairav's best friend.*

Damn it! 

He's not her relative. 

And he's still calling her Akshu. 

Is he close to her? 

Akshara Goenka, you cannot do this. 

For the first time in life, I've wanted to know a girl better. 

Please. 

xx

Akshara

*As Nikhil meets Kairav and Anisha, Akshara looks around for Abhimanyu*

Why is he standing alone near that corner?

Is something wrong? 

He was alright a few minutes ago. 

Is he not feeling well?

Should I go and ask him if he needs anything? 

"Come on, everyone. The mehendiwali is here." Swarna calls out to the ladies. 

*While Akshara, Anisha, Aarohi, Swarna, Manjari and the rest of the women get mehendi applied on their hands, Abhi quietly stands near Manjari who is seated next to Akshara*

"Ma'am, what letter should I write in your mehendi?" The mehendi wali asks Akshara.

*Akshara is still thinking about what's troubling Abhi and so she doesn't pay attention to the girl's question*

xx

Abhimanyu

"Ma'am, what letter should I write in your mehendi?" The mehendi wali asks Akshara.

A. 

A for Abhimanyu. 

I know it's too early for that so for now I'll settle with A for Akshara.

But soon, you'll be writing  that A for me. 

No, actually, we'll not write A. We'll write my whole name. So that everybody knows.

*When Akshara does not respond to the mehendiwali's question, Abhi gets worried.*

Is she going to take that stupid's Nikhil's name?

"Ma'am? What letter?" 

*When Akshara still doesn't reply, Abhi loses his cool.*

"A" he says, but soon he realises that everybody in the room was looking at him because he had been too loud. 

Shit. What do I do now?

"A.... Ek glass paani dena bhaiyya... bohot pyaas lag rahi hai"

*While a few men give him awkward glances, the women try to cover up their giggles.*

"I'm so sorry...please write the letter A" she says while trying hard not to laugh.

*As soon as Abhi hears her, a relaxed breath comes out of him*

She said A.

Author's note: Hi Guys, I'd really appreciate if you share your feedback. You can also give me suggestions regarding the upcoming story!