"...y/n?" Sanzu asks, his grip on the katana relaxing a bit.

"Sanzu, kill him." upon Mikey's lackluster but smooth order the loud and boisterous rants coming from the grey-haired stops completely, then Sanzu's blade is painted red, tasting the metallic blood against the sharp surface of the metal.

the pink huffs, kicking the now limp and cold body harshly out of annoyance. "useless."

    after softening his expression, Ran turns to Mikey. "that's the only lead we had, boss."

    Mikey remained quiet for an aching moment.

    "what now?"

    "he mentioned this y/n girl."

    the two tall men stiffens, which the platinum blond notices in an instant. his black onyx eyes idling on them. "met her?" he ask with a tilt of his head.

    "Mikey—" Kakucho is immediately stopped by Ran's knuckles tapping his chest, holding him steady. "i—yes uhm, we did see her when we got Roman Nanami."

    "and you didn't kill her?"

    Ran chokes. "y-yes?"

    Mikey narrows his eyes, lips thinning. "isn't it one of Bonten's golden rule to eliminate any witnesses?"

    Kakucho winces, witnessing every pomegranate hue from Ran's face immediately drain, his eyes widening and beads of sweat mars his forehead and mauve tendrils. the older Haitani losing his whimsical and briskly personality was not an everyday occurrence, nor was Ran the type to speak so reluctantly or let his words tumble so much in front of the boss. Kakucho relaxes, eyes softly gazing knowingly at the tall Haitani.

    There's a part of Kakucho that tells him that Ran cared about you.

    to Ran Haitani, you were always that small puppy that trailed after Izana at his beck and call. you were tiny compared to Ran's lean and towering frame, peering up at him with soften looks and a chirpy smile, pulling and tugging his braid lazily when you want to tell him something so he can bend to your level—little things like that stirred something within Ran before. even now when you were no more than just bystanders to each other; just thinking about seeing your cold body with a bullet to your forehead felt unsettling to him.

    the platinum spares his two executives a glance after seeing how quiet they've gone. Mikey sighs through his nostrils, eyes peering back at the glass as he watched his second in command along with other Bonten members cleaning up the room and disposing of Roman's motionless physique, completely unaware of the tension piling between the three. he turns after awhile, his tone stern.

"if we have no other choice, we are targeting her next."

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

            "did you play out in the rain or something, you're drenched." that was the first thing you hear the moment closed the front door of your apartment. your mind a complete mess with the recent events that you had forgotten to text Mars like she had initially told you to do before you left. you felt your roommate's warm hands cup your cheek. you pushed her hands away, wanting a little bit of space after what had happened.

    "please get me a towel." you ask instead, running your fingers through your wet tendrils. Mars doesn't question your actions and obliges almost immediately, turning on her heel as she calls out. "you can start stripping your clothes and leaving them on the corner of the door, i'll also go prepare a warm bath for you!"