He spreads her open with one hand and meets her eyes once more, corner of his lips twitching up into a smile. "Sex under only my roof—and only with me. Sound better?"

"Who else was it going to be with? Gypsy?"

He rolls his eyes, still with that smirk on his face and gets to work again.

———

Waking up is no longer something he dreads.

Not when he gets to see her sprawled beside him, burrowed underneath three blankets like some sort of hibernating mouse, her hair spread over the pillow. Not when he gets to turn onto his side and press his lips to her forehead in a lingering kiss, breathing in cinnamon and red apples. Not when he gets to watch her sleep, tracing shapes on her shoulder with his fingertips.

And when she rouses herself, sleepy-eyed, he gets to feel her press closer to him, burying her head in the crook of his neck. Gets to feel her mumble how warm he is against his skin, gets to feel her tired good morning kiss to his jaw.

On this particular morning, he can't find it in himself to leave the bed, although he know Vera will crush him for being late. He can only hold Mavi, her bare body against his, marks still dotting the both of them from the activities of last night.

"You're gonna be late," she murmurs, head nestled in his neck, eyes still closed. He doesn't blame her for being so exhausted — he'd kept her up till three last night, just ravishing her.

"Don't care." He rolls them over, pinning her beneath him and she laughs, pretty and echoing in his ears.

"Vera will kill you," she giggles as he peppers her neck with kisses, going over the bruises he'd left last night. "And she'll keep you back late as punishment and then I won't be able to sleep."

He scoffs, licking a stripe up the column of her neck and making her gasp when his hand drifts to her breast, almost on instinct. "You're a fucking liar, Sultan. You're always passed out whatever time I get home. You know how much it hurts my ego to know you can't even wait up for me?"

"I'm a sleepy witch," she says back, fingers coasting through his hair and coaxing a sigh out of him. "And it's not my fault you leave me alone all day."

"Wish I didn't have to," he murmurs, pulling back to watch the way the rays of sunlight make the colour of her eyes shift like a kaleidoscope. "Come to work with me."

Mavi snorts, tugging him back down to place a kiss on his jaw before shoving him off her and swinging her legs off the bed. "Yeah, right. Get changed, Mr. Malfoy."

He snags her wrist and stops her, meeting her eyes. "I'm serious. You can bring a book. Just stay for a couple of hours and then—"

"Are you forgetting how hard we're trying to hide from reporters?" she asks, softly. "I don't think showing up at your workplace together is a very good idea."

Gods, she's right — but he's so tired of hiding her. She deserves to be flaunted — and Draco wants to spoil her in every way.

"I don't care," he says, roughly, releasing her. She's still naked, although she grabs one of the blankets to drape around her. "I want to be seen with you."

Emotion flickers in her eyes. "Draco..."

"Is that such a bad thing?" He sits up, watching as she pads over through the open bathroom door to brush her teeth. "That I want people to know?"

"Of course not," she replies with a sigh, her back to him. "It's just—We agreed this wouldn't be a good idea."

"I changed my mind."