7 - 𝙱𝚕𝚊𝚌𝚔 𝙱𝚊𝚕𝚕𝚜

Comincia dall'inizio

Aiza's eyes nearly bulged while she flapped her hands, trying to get Gojo to notice him. "You... You're getting the second most expensive one we have?! No way, you youngster! You don't even need that! And...plus the fee for cursed energy filter!"

Ehh?!

"But (F/n)-chan picked it!"

I didn't know which fact I would be surprised of more. That I, for whatever damned luck I had, randomly picked out those sunglasses or that the storekeeper was actually a sorcerer who was making a business out of cursed eyewears.

"No no!," I stammered, reaching for the sunglasses on Gojo's hand. A stopping force halted me before I could even touch him. "I was kidding, Gojo-san! I think the earlier one looks better on you!"

"That was the most expensive!," Aiza exasperated. "Please, Ojou-san. Tell this boyfriend of yours to cut off on his spending or you'll end up broke before you even get married!"

"What nonsense is that, even?," Gojo defended, irked.

"You're correcting the wrong thing, Gojo-san," I groaned and pulled him away from the counter. "We're absolutely not dating!"

"Oh. We're not?"

I almost choked on the air. Clearing my throat, I glared at him in disbelief. "What?"

"What?"

"What do you mean what?"

"Eh? What do you mean by what did I mean what?"

I took his confusion as a chance, snatched the glasses from his hand, and scanned the rack for actual, decent-looking sunglasses that did not have out-of-this-world price tags. I picked out the safest choice- round sunglasses that somewhat reminded me of the main character from that famous sorcerer movie. That one with a magic academy and different houses.

Harry something.

"Here." I handed him the glasses and made him face the mirror again. "And what do you mean date?"

"Hang out, friendly date," Gojo answered while grinning idiotically. He knew he caught me on checkmate and wanted to make fun of my embarrassment.

"It's really a mystery how we have billions of nerves but you manage to get on every single one of mine." I gave him a bright smile, my eyes dead-on unamused.

"Oh, you're sulking?" He inched closer to me. "Do you perhaps... want a real date?"

"No and please stay away. I'm allergic to bullshit, thank you."

"Come on, you can put it in your achievements list," he said, grinning even more. He even extended his arms to make it seem grand. "Dating the great Gojo Satoru for a day."

"That sounds more like something I'd do when I'm drunk rather than an achievement," I retorted, pushing the card back to Aiza and forcing Gojo to finish the transaction before he even started buying the whole store. "Or something I was made to do against my will. Like now."

"Excuse me," a female voice called out. A group of five girl students, all presumably our age, timidly approached us.

"Can we take a picture with you?," the same girl asked Gojo directly, not even sparing me a glance.

Oh, come on. Will the universe ever give me a break? This timing is just too unrealistic!

Gojo snickered when he saw my disbelieving expression. "See, (F/n)-chan?"

What a flirt.

I just stood there, contemplating my life choices while the shameless guy mingled with the girls. Going back alone seemed like a good idea, but then, I wasn't very familiar with the streets of Tokyo. Never had I wanted to put a white-haired mop in a letter and mail it to Russia this much before.