Little Princess || 10

Start from the beginning

the brothers chuckle at her response as she wipes her tears quickly, staring at the bunch of pastries all with different colors and flavours, making her mouth water just at the sight. jungkook hands her a fork while jimin caresses her back, both watching her eyes twinkling in anticipation and the little pink tongue, peeking out already wanting to savour all the sweets.

"what are you waiting for? start eating." jungkook smiles, patting her head.

"mm-hmm, but why's there so many?"

"well, i didn't know which flavour you liked, so i got all of them." he rubs his neck, scrunching his face as he glances at the pastries.

"thank you jungkookie oppa," aera smiles at him almost making him laugh at the adorable yet semi-formal way of thanking him.

"ut's fine, but i don't take thanks like that." he says, taking a seat next to jimin who chuckles shaking his head at the younger brother.

"then how...?" the girl looks a bit confused, staring at jungkook quietly.

he presses his lips together to prevent himself from laughing and leans forward on the counter, sighing deeply, "well, for me a hug and a kiss works better." he pretends to think, then glances at the sister who is thinking too.

"a hug?" she tilts her head and frowns, "and a kiss?"

"yeah, what's the problem? i take thanks like that or not at all." he shrugs, "your choice."

"but-"

"hyung are you saying something?" he turns to jimin, ignoring aera's presence for a mere second.

"stop that, jungkook." jimin shakes his head, "he's just kidding."

"no, i'm not." jungkook snickers, ruffling aera's hair and leans forward, "wanna go to the mall for some shopping today?"

"uhm, mall... i don't know," she looks down, not really liking the idea of having many people around her, especially when she doesn't have her mom and dad here. she shakes her head subtly, sparing a brief glance at jungkook who frowns in response.

"why not? let's go, it'll be fun."

"yeah, i guess we should go. you can get some clothes and other stuff that you need." jimin smiles, patting her back encouragingly which makes her sigh and give in.

even though aera wasn't a big fan of the idea, yet she found herself standing in her room, staring at the mirror where her reflection is looking back at her. lips puckered into a sad pout and eyes shining like always, but more in tears today ever since she woke from the nap. she rubs her eyes, looking down at her outfit which is a white denim shorts with cute scalloped edges and a matching white tee tucked inside which has 'smile' patched on it in rainbow colors.

she straightens her clothes, sighing deeply and takes a seat on the bed. lifting up her leg where the sneakers are still untied. she feels embarrassed and upset for never learning it from her parents and whines in frustration, "mamma..." her lips mumble out, falling on the bed and sobs into the pillow.

a knock on the door makes her flinch and sit up in attention, staring in the direction as the door opens and jimin comes in with a smile, "are you ready?" he asks, walking over to her, having his smile from earlier slowly getting replaced with a confused frown on noticed the tears in his sister's eyes, "what happened princess? why are you crying?"

aera shakes her head, wiping her tears and stares at her lap, "i'm okay," she mumbles.

jimin sighs and sits near her, making her look up at him, smiling softly as his hand cups her cheek, "lemme tell you a secret right now." he whispers, almost breaking into a chuckle when aera tilts her head, her eyes hinting confusion which tells him to carry on with the secret, "did you know me and jungkookie used to live in america too? with mamma and daddy many years ago when you were still with the angels above."