"So why send me in general?"

   Emily frowned, "Once they get him, you might be useful to have around to talk to him. Get some of his anger out. After all, you fit his victim type. He might snap and...then we've got him."

   "Right."

   Bella pressed her lips together and let out a worried breath as soon as Emily left the room. 

*              *              *

   Bella sat inside the large FBI van, adjusting the temperature and flipping through radio stations. She hummed along to a Nirvana song as she drummed her fingers against the steering wheel. She kept her eyes locked on the small house in front of her. It was still dark inside, except for the occasional flicker of a flashlight inside.

   Reaching down, Bella dug her hand into a bag of Skittles. She tossed a handful into her mouth as she turned down the radio, her earpiece starting to make noise.

   "How are you doing out there, my girl?" Spencer asked, his voice sounding like static.

   Bella grinned, "Just great. I've got Skittles and heated seats, nothing gets better than this."

   "Wish I was there."

   "Me too."

   "Get a room," Luke gagged, chiming in on the conversation.

   "Jealous, Alvez?" Spencer chuckled.

   "You two seem to forget that you're not on the phone with each other, this is a shared channel. We can all hear you."

   "Oh, we know," Bella said. "We just don't care."

   Spencer chuckled as Luke scoffed. Bella popped a couple more Skittles into her mouth as the men quickly went silent. 

   "I've got him," Gus whispered. "He's in his office."

   "Do not take your off of him," Luke ordered.

   "Copy that."

   "We'll come to you," Spencer said.

   "He's getting up," Gus whispered. "If I don't go in then he's moving out that window. He knows that we're here."

   "Humphries, keep him there," Spencer ordered. 

   "He--he sees me," Gus panicked. "I'm going in--FBI PUT YOUR HANDS IN THE AIR! PUT YOUR HANDS UP!"

   Multiple gunshots echoed in Bella's earpiece as she furrowed her eyebrows. Loud crashes sounded from inside the house as Bella quickly opened up the car door, hopping out. She drew her gun, adjusting her FBI vest as she looked up at the house.

   More gunshots ensued as Bella raised her gun, her feet hard against the gravel as she slowly approached the porch. She swallowed nervously before watching the front door open. A taller man with light brown hair ran outside, pushing past Bella. 

   "FBI!" Bella yelled, raising her gun.

   "DON'T SHOOT HIM!" Luke yelled. "WE NEED HIM!"

   "IF YOU HAVE TO SHOOT HIM, GO FOR HIS LEG!" Spencer yelled.

   The front doors opened as Bella rushed out, starting a chase with the man. 

   "BELLA!" Spencer screamed. "GET BACK IN THE CAR!"

   She ignored him, instead continuing to run after the deranged man. She raised her gun only to hear a gunshot, not from her own gun. Bella let out a cry as she fell to the ground, her arm starting to gush blood.