֗ ִ ˖ 𝗼𝗻𝗲

Začať od začiatku

     "Mm, nope!" Sayuri turns a bright shade of pink and focuses on taking a really long drink of her tea, gagging when it turns bitter for sitting so long. Her mother laughs that beautiful and airy sound, aged eyes crinkling in amusement,

     "If I recall, a little girl wanted to see if her father's sword was actually real. So she used it on her h-"

     "I've never heard of that," Sayuri turns to face the older woman and wraps her small frame around the woman in a shy and hiding hug, embarrassed. Michi kisses the top of her head,

     "I'm sure you haven't. Are you finished eating? I'll get you out new clothes I finished yesterday if you clean up, we'll even go visit your father."

     "Okay!" Removing herself, little Sayuri picks up her food and runs for the water spout at the side of the home reserved for cooking purposes. Excited, she ponders what pretty fabrics she'd be able to wear today to the village. As clothes makers, her parents were always gifting their child something new that they made. Whether that simply be a new pair of woolen socks for the snow or a pretty patterned kimono, Sayuri was always incredibly grateful. 

     Today she was presented with a blue haori that matches the color of her own soft blue eyes. The soft linens were adorned with a white sash to tie around her waist, which her mother was currently doing,

     "I thought you could wear something more breathable, though I'm not sure it'll be warm enough for it-"

     "-I'll wear mittens, and a hat too!" Sayuri beams and twirls around to watch the fabric fly up into the created whirlwind once the sash is secure, "I really want to show it to everyone! It's perfect!"

     "You're so sweet," Michi grabs some scarfs and mittens for the two, putting them on her and Sayuri before leaving the house and heading for the gravel path leading to the cozy village. It was a short walk, only five minutes without carrying big supplies, so there was no need for any mode of transportation. 

     Every spring, when the ground was mushy from the melting snow, the Fukunagas would head to the big city about a day's worth of automobile travel away. The first time the girl was introduced to such a monster she'd nearly fainted from the loud rumbling and coughing 'engine', as the driver called it. Nevertheless, this was their way of getting lots of clothing into the city to set up a small stand and sell their wares for the new summer season. The profits typically turned out well enough to support the family through the following year, plus the regular sales made in the village.

     "Oh Michi! Did you make this?" An elder woman living closest to the Fukunaga's stops dusting her porch to step down and hobble over to Sayuri. Wrinkled fingers feel through the haori's fabric and sash while Sayuri beams at the attention.

     "It's just a little something I'd been working on, have you seen Tetsuya?"

     "Oh, of course, he's probably just finished selling to the Uchida family. I heard their son ripped a hole straight through his pants, tripping over a root!" She chuckles and tucks a sugary candy into Sayuri's palm, "I just made these last night sweetie."

     "Thank you!" Sayuri dips her head and then marches down the center of the street to go find her father. She pops the treat into her mouth, only to freeze up on the spot. The elder was forgetful, surely she misplaced the sugar with the salt! The brunette dashes to a bush and secretly deposits the candy to the ground with a 'blegh'. The discarded piece lays on the grass, revealing a purple inside. That must've been what she was tasting as well! Salty and plant-y.

     "Thank you so much Mr. Fukunaga. Surely this kid won't go destroying these as well!"

     "Haha! It is no issue if he does, I'm good at repairing my own work so just leave it to me. Not that I'm encouraging him to, but I went through my fair share of ripping clothes as a child!" Tetsuya never spoke a mean word to anybody, promising he'd fix what he made, and often giving his wares to those who were in need. It was no wonder her parents fell in love, both had the traits of people existing in fairytales. Sayuri liked to think she would grow to adapt these same characteristics, but only if she knew what was coming in the future years.