Pope Heyward - Spontaneous Kisses

"Y/N, are you even listening to me?" Kie asked, waving her hand in front of my face.

"Huh," I blinked out of my daydream and nodded.

"Are you okay?" She questioned, "You've been a little off lately."

"Sorry, I'm just a little distracted."

"'By what?"

I hesitated, "Just schoolwork and stuff."

That wasn't a complete lie. With everything going on, I'd hardly had any time to sleep, let alone catch up on work. But that wasn't the main reason I was so unfocused. In the midst of the group's 'adventures', me and Pope had grown closer, which had resulted in a spontaneous kiss. The only problem was, niether of us knew what it meant or how to act around each other afterwards. So there I was, a week later, thinking about the kiss. Contemplating whether to tell Kie and ask her for advice or tell Pope that I couldn't stop thinking about it and wanted to know if he was feeling the same.

"Sorry, what were you saying?" I asked Kie.

"Just tha-"

At that moment, the boys barged into the Chateau, soaking wet and exchanging giggles between themselves.

"Hey," Kie spoke up, "Where were you guys?"

"Out and about." JJ replied, opening the fridge door.

I glanced over at Pope and his eyes met mine. My stomach fluttered when we made eye contact, but I quickly looked away and attempted to hide my flushed cheeks.

"Um, I'm gonna go get some fresh air." I muttered, making my way to the back porch.

"Y/N, it's pouring outside." John B said.

"I'm sure I'll be fine." I said, flashing a quick smile.

John B sighed, "Suit yourself."

"Don't say we didn't warn you!" JJ shouted, as I walked out of the house.

As soon as I stepped outside, the cold hit me and I immediately regretted my decision. Then again, it gave me a moment alone to collect my thoughts. I closed my eyes and breathed in the fresh air, as the raindrops slowly dampened my hair. I suddenly felt somebody's presence beside me and, when I opened my eyes, Pope was stood there. There was something in the way he looked at me, that made me feel... safe.
He didn't say a word, but I knew we both felt it. It being the spark between us.

"You don't regret it, do you?" He finally said, "The kiss, I mean."

"No, of course not." I replied a bit too quickly.

"Ah, so you do." Pope sighed.

"No, I-" I stuttered, "It was a great kiss, but... it's just made things so awkward between us."

"Maybe a little." Pope replied, "I think it's just because neither of us expected it to happen when it did, but.. I'm glad it did."

"You are?"

Pope smiled, and wrapped an arm around my side. "Of course."

I sighed with relief, smiling back at him.

I don't know what came over me after that, whether it was the cold or just careless instinct I'll never know, but I leaned forward and pressed my lips to his. He kissed me back, pulling me closer. And, if it wasn't for the chilling breeze, I could've stayed in that moment forever. 

.....

Sorry, I know it's a short one and slightly less romantic that my other imagines, but I hope you enjoyed. Thanks for reading - Lily x

OBX Imagines On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara