𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐟𝐢𝐟𝐭𝐲-𝐨𝐧𝐞 & 𝐟𝐢𝐟𝐭𝐲-𝐭𝐰𝐨

Start from the beginning

but y/n is quite the opposite of mitsuri. despite wielding the sun breathing, y/n reminds obanai of the first snow. the coldness that radiates within her assures him, it made him feel warm and tingly inside. the both of them have so much similarities, it made obanai feel comforted that someone is like him. 

mitsuri made obanai feel safe and at peace.

but y/n made him feel at home.

and that's the difference that causes him to break apart. he knew that time would come, he'll have to choose between the two of them. the first woman who came in his life and gave him hope? or the second woman who shows out of nowhere and made him feel at home. 

obanai felt his pet, kaburamaru hiss as it silently comforted its owner. obanai appreciated the gesture, despite kaburamaru being a pet, it senses its owner's emotions and comforted him in the best way possible. 

"i don't know anymore." obanai mumbled to himself as he stared at the flowerbeds swaying from the wind current.

"what am i thinking, i don't even know if y/n is still alive." he continued, talking to himself to keep him sane.

these past few months, everything just went blank for him. mitsuri would always stop by in his estate, and even offer him to have dinner with her. he felt bad about declining her offer, but he wasn't in the mood to even eat, so he'd tell her that they'll have dinner another time. that went on for days, until it turned into months. mitsuri and obanai never had eaten dinner together again, after y/n disappeared.

that affected mitsuri, she wanted to make sure that obanai is well and somehow still alive. she would constantly check up on him in secret, spying on how his day goes on, and making sure that he's still living his life normally and without trouble.

mitsuri is not dumb, she knows what's going on. at first she thought that it was nothing, but everything went downhill when obanai came home from the red light district. the way obanai's been on edge everyday, and constantly asking some of the pillars of when will y/n and the others return from their mission. 

the week after y/n's disappearance, obanai is an absolute mess. although he didn't show it on the outside, mitsuri knows what's been keeping obanai insane, and that's the lack of y/n's presence that makes him such a huge mess that it causes destruction and disturbance in his own estate. 

"hey kaburamaru, do you think y/n is still alive?" questioned obanai as his pet snake circled around his head, trying to sooth its owner from the heavy feeling that's been bottling in his chest. 

"i did tell her, to return my tenugui." mumbled obanai as his hand wandered to his empty pocket that would always contain his favorite tenugui. 

"what am i even thinking when i gave her that? that tenugui came from kanroji, she gave it to me as a sign of her love and look at me giving it away for another woman who didn't even come back to me." he muttered as his fist clenched from anger.

how could he hurt mitsuri like this? 

he never intended this, he didn't want to do this. 

obanai didn't want to choose between the two of them, because he couldn't. 

he can't.

"when the time comes where my life is at the verge of extinction, then i'll confess to her." said obanai as he stared at his open palms, the guilt feeling arising his body as he let out a shaky breathe. he knew he couldn't just love two women, he had to choose one.