I woke up with a start and nearly screamed as I was in a cold sweat. The first thing I saw was my mate's shirt. I sighed in relief as I recognized the Nike logo and pressed myself to it. Declan's hold on me became tighter as I came closer. Don't let me go I thought as I shut my eyes and relished in the comfort of his arms Not after something like that. The dream had me shaken so much that I was trembling underneath the blanket.

That's no dream said Julia quietly That's about as real as the rest of the shit we've been dealing with.

My eyes widened in fear And you're sure about that?

There's not a doubt in my mind.

I gulped Oh my god...that means that.....poor Audrey.

I'm surprised she made it this long said Julia I hate to assume the worst but if we don't get there soon, we'll find a dead body rather than our friend.

How? I asked We're so limited on time.

She may not even last a week Julia agreed and I don't want to take that risk. You were right Lilly. We have to save her while we still can.

Jules I said warily I agree with you one hundred percent but how the hell are we going to do that. Audrey could be anywhere in Salt Lake City. We'd have a better chance finding Waldo.

I know Julia's voice broke Goddamn it, I know.

We said nothing for several minutes as I thought about the dream. Audrey was one of the greatest friends I ever had. It broke my heart to say goodbye to her when she left me last year. I didn't stop crying for a week. Mostly because I wouldn't get to see her again but also because Alpha John had forbidden me from calling her. We did everything we possibly could to keep her away from this world. Oh how it backfired on us. We never should've sent her away.

She wasn't a wolf but she sure had the mentality of one. Her strength was unbelievable. Her passion surpassed any other person I'd known. I loved her like a sister. A close, stubborn, and irritatingly proud and mighty sister.

Tears dotted my eyes. How could I have let this happen to her. She didn't deserve this kind of pain. She'd never even dream of hurting anyone and now someone was hurting her so terribly she was at the brink of death. I didn't believe for a second that these dreams were a fantasy of my own creation. I felt like a ghost in them, as if I didn't belong in the scene at all. Dreams don't make you feel that way if they're your own.

How this connection happened is beyond me. I never heard of such a thing happening to any wolf.

Uggh Julia groaned I get the one human in the world that never listens to what I say.

What are you talking about I asked

You and how you don't know a thing about wolves! She exclaimed