Pain

It's been a week since Wai left their apartment. He had taken a sabbatical leave and no one knew where he went. Korn kept calling him and sending out voicemails but he didn't pick his calls. Korn was so frustrated that he started to seek refuge in alcohol. He skipped office and closed their bar. He locked himself in the bar and kept drinking. Pat tried calling him but he ignored his calls. Finally Pat decided to confront him.

At the bar:

Korn was completely wasted when Pat found him in the bar.

Pat: Korn

Korn: Hey Paaat... Come join me for a drink. I am so happy today.

Pat: Korn, what are you doing? Why are you wasting your life like this?

Korn: I am not wasting my life. I am enjoying my life.

Pat: Korn, please don't be like this. Wai will come back.

Korn looked at Pat and tears started coming from his eyes.

Korn: Why did you take his name? I am trying to drown myself in alcohol to forget him and my pain for some time. But you..

Korn start to cry while Pat try to console him.

Pat: Korn, you need to get a hold of yourself. You cannot destroy your career and life like this. He will come back.

Korn: He won't. May be...May be if I die, he may come back.

Pat: KORN

Tears drop down his eyes nonstop as Pat hugs him to comfort him.

After some time:

Pat: Let's go home Korn.

Korn: No. I will stay here.

Pat: You are not staying here. You will drink yourself to death.

Korn: Who.cares?

Pat: I do. Your parents and friends care for you.

Korn: Pat, please. I don't want to go to my apartment. Everything there reminds me of him. I.. I can't bear the pain of living without him.

Pat: Then come home with me.

Korn: No.

Pat tried convincing Korn but he was stubborn. Finally he decided to take him to a nearby hotel and leave him there.

Pat booked a room for Korn and helped him settle down in his room. He then left promising to come back the next day.

Pat reached his room and decides to call Pran.

Pran: Hey

Pat: Hey

Pran: How did it go? How is Korn?

Pat: Bad. Really bad. Pran you need to talk to Wai. Things may go out of hand if he does not do anything soon.

Pran: He is not listening to me. He doesn't want to see or talk to Korn. He is so stubborn.

Patl: Tell him if something happens to him, don't regret his decision. He is already talking about death.

Pran: Pat

Pat: I will check on him tomorrow. You try to speak to Wai.

Pran: Hmm. Goodnight

Pat: Goodnight. I love you.

Pran: I love you too.

Next day morning, Pat hurried to the hotel to check on Wai. He was having a bad feeling since morning and he just wanted to see Korn as soon as possible. Pat reached the hotel and  took the lift to Korn's floor. He knocked on his door but he didn't open. He tried many times but same response. He tried calling but he did not answer the call. He went to the reception and checked if Korn left the room but the staff said he was still in his room. So Pat contacted the manager for master key giving medical reasons. When he opened the door, he was shocked to see Korn lying on the floor with blood coming out of his mouth. He quickly called for ambulance while trying to bring Korn back to consciousness.

Korn was rushed to the hospital and admitted into Intensive Care Unit. Pat was pacing outside waiting for an update from the doctor. Soon the doctor comes out and speaks to Pat.

Pat: Doctor, how is my friend?

Doctor: He is having a severe case of alcohol poisoning. He hasn't slept or eaten anything in last few days. Drinking so much on empty stomach has worsened his case. We are trying our best.

Pat sits down on the chair unable to believe what just happened to Korn. Then he remembers Pran. He need to inform Pran. He will tell Wai. Wai was staying with Pran. The day he left their shared apartment, Pran had just landed in Thailand. So Wai met Pran and cried his heart out. Since then Wai has been living with Pran. Pat wanted to tell Korn about Wai but Wai threatened to run away from there if he told anything to Korn. So his mouth was sealed. He regrets that decision now.

Pat took his phone and dialled Pran's number. Pran picked his call immediately.

Pran: Hi Baby

Pat: Pran,  is Wai there with you?

Pran: Hmm

Pat: Then please put the phone on speaker.

Pran puts the phone on speaker and wait for Pat to speak.

Pat: Wai, I know you are listening to me, so listen carefully. Korn has been brought to Bangkok hospital. He is suffering from severe alcohol poisoning and doctors are trying to save his life. So please come and meet him before it's too late.

Pat disconnects the call after saying that. Pran looks at Wai who is sitting on the floor crying silently.

Pran: Wai

Wai: He is dying...He...My Korn is dying. I left him so that he can be happy with the person he loves but now Pat said he is dying. I .. I killed him.

Pran: Shush... He will be okay Wai. Everything will be fine. Let's go to the hospital. Wai is in daze as Pran gets him into the car and drive off to the hospital.

As Wai sits in the car, he looks through his voicemail. There are so many voice messages from Korn. He clicked on each one of them.

Message 1: Wai, where are you? Please come back home.

Message 2: Wai, please answer my call. I miss you so much.

Message 3: Wai, I know you are hurt but believe me there is nothing going on between me and Prim. She is just a client. I didn't realize she had other intentions. Please come back.

Message 4: Waaaai, I am so sorry. Please don't leave me.  I miss you soooooo much.

Message 5: Wai...I.. I.. miss ..you. Please come back.

Wai could hear Korn sobbing in between.

Rest of the message were the same asking Wai to forgive him. The last message was send today early morning.

Message: Wai...I..I don't know what is happening to me but I..I think I may not be able to see you again. I... I just want to tell you, I love you Wai. I love you soooooo much. Please forgive me. Please..

After that there severe coughing sound and then a painful groan. Then the line went dead.

Wai: KORN

Pran looks at Wai who is crying hysterically.

Pran(in mind): God, please save him or else I will lose two of my friends today.