𝗗𝘂𝗺𝗯 𝗗𝘂𝗺𝗯 𝗜𝗱𝗶𝗼𝘁

Start from the beginning

What? Even enemies are worthy of respect!

Unless they're truly despicable, then you can 🚚 up their pronouns all you want.

"After all, you're a fake. Aren't you?"

Y/n's voice and eyes were cold as she stared at the older boy who stood across from her, the two of them separated by a small clearing of grass.

The oni's expression was stoic and uncharacteristically serious as she locked eyes with the so called tracker shinobi that herself and her team had encountered the other day.

This was the fake tracker shinobi.

The one who was working with Zabuza.

The person's calm expression didn't change, "Huh. I underestimated you. You're more intelligent than you appear."

Yeah, y/n knew from the voice now. This was a dude.

Y/n placed her hands on her hips, "I'm not dumb, y'know?"

There was a moment of peace before the boy was gone in a flash. Y/n blinked in surprise but turned in time to block his attack with her kunai, the two of them locking eyes as their weapons clashed.

He was using a needle yet was strong enough to still push against y/n's kunai, the only weapon she had since she had left her kanabou at Tazuna's house.

'He's strong.' y/n thought.

He had some strength, she'd give him that.
But he was still human and y/n was still an oni.

To put it simply, in a head on fight without ninjutsu, it would be an unfair battle. It would either result in y/n crippling him on accident, or crippling him on purpose.

Y/n showed temporary restraint, pushing back only a little to give herself the time to put distance back between the two of them once more. She didn't want to be in a fight with this guy.

Now would be the worst possible time.

"Where's Naruto?" she demanded, "I know you've been near him!"

"Naruto?" the fake tracker ninja questioned, "You mean the blond kid who worked himself half to death, right?"

Y/n tensed, "Huh? He did what?"

"I found him laying not too far off. He looked worn out."

The two fell silent, trying to tell if they were gonna fight or not.

It was when y/n relaxed and tucked her kunai away that this strange person allowed himself to at least chill out a little bit.

"So he's alive..." y/n let out a loud, obnoxious sigh of relief, "That's good! I was real worried there for a second!"

The mysterious pretty faced dude deadpanned as y/n laughed to herself boisterously, rubbing the back of her neck as though she were embarrassed.

"Man, no breaking rules then!" y/n exclaimed.

"Rules...?"

"Yep! I have a very strict Talk before you sock rule. Also a, No fighting other ninja when they're in casual clothing rule." y/n explained before turning away, "I'll be on my way now, ahaha!"

As the oni walked away, her laughter died off and that serious look from before returned as her brows furrowed and she began to think deeply.

"I should really just stay inside for the next few days..."