Chapter Fifty-five

Beginne am Anfang

"Sarah! Slow down,"

I could hear her chuckling. I closed my eyes again. I just wanted to be focused on her right now.

"Of course. It's just, I miss you. We're all worried sick. Kin's parents and I. We are travelling all around searching for you two,"

"You're with them?"

"No, I'm on my own. I've always been on my own. A literal lone wolf,"

I chortled. Which made her chortle. I think it's because I could still manage to laugh, that I'm safe.

"Jason. Where are you?"

"O'Grady's Children Hospital,"

I could hear her gasp. "That place is horrible. Are they experimenting on you? Are they injecting you with things? Prying in your mind space?"

"I'm safe. Please come get me? Kin and I wanna escape with three of our friends,"

Sarah sighed, "I guess that's okay. Where will they live?"

"That's sorted out,"

"Okay... okay. Look, one thing this journey taught me is that I should get Kin's parents contact details. I have no idea how to tell them where she is. But I'll come and get you, I have no idea how I'm breaking you out. But I'll do it, if it's the last thing I do."

I grinned. Mother is awesome. It's insane how much Sarah cares for me, and I grew up thinking she hates me with every fibre in her bones. But this whole time it was the opposite. "I can't wait to see you, Sarah. I'll be right here waiting. Or maybe I would've already escaped."

"Either way, you're going to need me. Remember to check in on me regularly. I have to know how you doing. Okay?"

I physically nodded my head, "yes... Sarah. I will, bye. I'll check in tonight. We can talk til I fall asleep,"

"Sounds awesome. Jason?"

"Sarah?"

"Remember that I love you."

I grinned, it felt great hearing that. It truly did. "Thanks, Sarah. "

Then I cut connection.

Then I got up and went to Dr Hart office, she surprisingly was there. She flashed me a warm smile when I entered and took of her glasses. "Jason, did you come to play chess?"

I tried my utmost best to muster up a convincing smile, I still can't do that if it's not natural. I nodded my head and sat down where I always do. Opposite of her while she took out the chess board and started getting everything right. When she finished, she walked up to her mini fridge and handed me a bottle of juice.

"Thanks."

We started our game. She studied the chess pieces intently, it slipped me right into her mind. Please make it stop, because I hate all the snooping. Especially since its involuntarily. I saw her with her little brother again, he was struggling with maths. She was his tutor. According to her memories, she thought they'd never bond. Because he got adopted when she left for college. And he was only thirteen. The gap between them was too wide. But they did, they got along well.