The Blind Auditions

When they opened the big red doors, I took a deep breath and walked out on stage. When I heard the opening notes of "When There Was Me and You" by Vanessa Hudgens, I started singing.

"It's funny when you find yourself

Looking from the outside

I'm standing here but all I want

Is to be over there

Why did I let myself believe

Miracles could happen?

'Cause now I have to pretend

That I don't really care

I thought you were my fairy tale

A dream when I'm not sleeping

A wish upon a star

That's coming true

But everybody else could tell

That I confused my feelings with the truth

When there was me and you

I swore I knew the melody

That I heard you singing

And when you smiled you made me feel

Like I could sing along

But then you went and changed the words

Now my heart is empty

I'm only left with used-to-be's

And once upon a song

Now I know you're not a fairy tale

And dreams were meant for sleeping

And wishes on a star

Just don't come true

'Cause now even I can tell

That I confused my feelings with the truth

Because I liked the view

When there was me and you

I can't believe that I could be so blind

It's like you were floating while I was falling

And I didn't mind

'Cause I liked the view

I thought you felt it too

When there was me and you"

After I finished singing, I saw I had a four-chair turn. "Hi! What's your name and where are you from?" Kelly asked. "Hi, my name is Hannah Montana. I'm from Nashville, Tennessee, USA. I'm an international all-star and I'm thirteen years old." I said with a big grin on my face. "OMG! 13 years old! Before I turned around, I thought you were about 20 years old. To be 13 years old and to have that much vocal control, that is amazing!" Kelly said calmly. "Your voice is pretty special," George added. "Thank you!" I replied. Then, the coaches tried to convince me to come to their team. "I choose...Team Joe," I said excitedly. "Yes!" Joe exclaimed.

He then walked with me backstage to meet my friends and family. "Hi!" he said when he saw my friends and family standing just behind the big red doors. "This is my dad and manager," I said pointing to my dad. "Hi! Nice to meet you, Mr. Montana!" Joe said while greeting my dad. "Hi! You must be Joe, Hannah's new coach. I'm Robby, Hannah's dad and manager," dad said while greeting Joe and shaking Joe's hand. "And that's my bodyguard, Roxie," I said pointing to Roxie. "Hi! Nice to meet you, Ms. Roxie," Joe said while greeting my bodyguard. "Nice to meet you too, Joe!" Roxie said while shaking Joe's hand. "And these are my friends, Lola, Mike, and Jackson," I said introducing them to Joe. "Nice to meet you guys!" Joe said while shaking hands with them. "And this is my godmother whom I call Aunt Dolly. She's known to the world as Dolly Parton," I said while patting her shoulder. "Nice to meet you, Miss Dolly!" Joe said excitedly. Joe then looked at his watch. "Oh, I got to go! I have to try to get other people on my team. It was nice meeting you guys," Joe said sadly.