He couldn't handle the pain of hearing nor seeing them like that again, so he finally left without them even noticing his presence. As he ran away from the garden, the loud booming sound of the fireworks startled him.

"I guess I was the one who got surprised, huh." He muttered under his breath as he scoffed bitterly.

Meanwhile, back at the garden, the loud sound of the the fireworks took Seoyeon's attention. She was in awe while looking at the night sky being painted with the bright, colorful lights of the fireworks.

"I don't remember putting up a fireworks display on the program." She said while admiring it.

"Surprise," Namjoon suddenly whispered, earning her attention.

"You prepared the fireworks as well?" She asked in amusement, while he nods with a triumphed smile.

"I can never forget how your face lights up while watching the fireworks at the amusement park. You were so happy that time, so I've decided to set up a display for tonight." He then placed the lost strands of her hair behind her ear. "This was supposed to be a romantic night. I wanted to surprise you with your favorite things, but it didn't go as planned." He sighed, but Seoyeon held his cheek and caressed it gently.

"Thank you for everything you've done for me, love. You don't know how much you make me happy." She smiled, and the colorful beams of the fireworks were flashing on their faces.

"I'll do anything to make you happy."

"You're already enough, Namjoon. Even if we just spend the whole day doing nothing together, I'm already happy." She assured before resting her head on his shoulder and went back to watch the fireworks.

However, she suddenly thought of Taehyung. She still felt bad for not telling him about her relationship with Namjoon this afternoon, but she doesn't want to speak about it without consulting Namjoon first. He is still Taehyung's brother, he will know what's best for him.

"By the way," She initiated as she looked up at him, "When are we going to tell Taehyung about us? I don't want to keep our relationship as a secret to him. He deserves to know." And she saw him frown and became worried.

"To be honest, I still don't know when is the right time to tell him. He just got home and he looked so happy to be with us." He said with concern in his voice.

"Can I at least tell him not to court me anymore? It just really makes me feel so sad to think that I'm in a relationship with you while he is unaware about it. I don't want him to wait for nothing." She requested, so Namjoon nodded in assurance. "After the event, he said he will drive me back home. Can I talk to him about it later?" She asked.

"Sure, love." He approved and saw her smile faintly.

"Let's go back now. They might be looking for you already."

After seizing their hug, they finally decided to go back. Seoyeon went ahead, while Namjoon followed after some minutes. Most of the guests were still at the lobby area, since the fireworks display is still on. Seoyeon immediately spotted Taehyung from the crowd because he is the only one who has a unique attire from them.

"Taehyung!" She called to get his attention, which she successfully did, and waved at him as she walks closer. "I'm so sorry, I didn't know it will take me that long. The fireworks are so beautiful, aren't they?" She smiled as she stood beside him and looked at the sky.

Taehyung didn't utter a word and just stared at Seoyeon with pain and sadness in his eyes. He never loved anyone aside from her. She is the first woman who made his heart race, not just because of her beauty but also because on how she sincerely appreciates him. He could already imagine living a happy and simple life with her and help her build the garden she wanted to have. She's his inspiration and motivation to become a better person each and everyday. But now that he is looking at her after what he witnessed, it's like all his dreams with her were crushed into dust. He doesn't blame her for falling in love with his brother. She wasn't his in the first place, and Seoyeon already told him back then, that she doesn't want him to wait for her. He should've known by then that he doesn't have a chance, but he knows that he could win her heart by being persistent. It wasn't as effective as he thought.