2

Benny's POV:

Mr.Buckley ended his speech and let all the students clear out of the auditorium. The team and I lingered on stage for a bit waiting for instructions from Mr.Buckley, until I heard a shout from the crowd. I turn my attention to the students leaving and see a girl pushing her way against the current of kids. She's the one shouting, "Benny!" She's yelling my name?

"Benny?!" She moves closer and I hop down from the stage confused.

I didn't recognize her until I was met with a pair of y/e/c, "No fucking way," I breathed out.

She pushed her way passed one more kid and stepped in front of me, "Benny? Is that really you?" She asked.

"Y/n," I stood there unable to move.

"Oh my gosh," she smiled wide and threw her arms around me.

We stood there in a warm embrace until Y/n pulled away, her hands cupping my face, "Look at you! Oh my gosh. This is insane! You look so different! Did you get your ears pierced?"

I smiled and shrugged my shoulders, "Yeah. Maybe."

"Wow," She smiled and pulled me into another quick hug, "What are you doing here? You play hockey? What is going on? I don't believe this."

I rubbed my chin, "Yeah. Well, I guess I just picked up this sport after I moved."

"You moved?" She raised an eyebrow.

"I did. It was difficult. I mean, when you left the guys and I all took it hard, and then a couple years later, I had to go. It's sad you know. I try my best to keep in contact with the guys, but it's not so easy, especially during the Goodwill Games," I shrugged.

"Wow. I miss the guys. I haven't talked to them in years. I still can't believe you played in the Goodwill Games. I mean baseball was your life, now you're an all rounder!" She squeezed my arm, laughing slightly.

I smile and begin to say something until I was cut off, "Hey! Benny! Who's this?" Charlie came over with the rest of the group following.

"Oh guys. This is Y/n. She's my..." I didn't know what to say. A friend? Does she consider me a friend? "She's my-"

"We're kinda old childhood friends. We both used to live in California together," She smiled.

I quickly glanced at her and then back to the team, forcing a smile, "Yeah. Yeah. Y/n, this is my team, the ducks. Ducks, this is Y/n."

"Nice to meet you guys," She gave a soft way and the team greeted her back.

"L/n! Get to class. I need to show this team around," Mr.Buckley came over.

"Yes sir. I'll see you all later. Bye Benny!" She nodded her head and started to walk out of the auditorium.

For the rest of the tour around the school, my mind was only occupied of Y/n. I could not believe I ended up in the same school with her. I finally got to see her again.